Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

He/she gave an honest opinion, people did not agree with it, he/she defended his/her comments and now the situation has yet again escalated in to something not needed.

With the greatest respect traleespud it is no wonder why carraig reads from the sidelines. I have said far worse and so have others and have not been treated like that on account of a difference of opinion.

Give the man or woman a break :).

I read the exchange, it was 2 people giving their views on different establishments the gluten free diet as opposed to "normal" diet. There wasn't any harsh words exchanged, so I'm not sure why carraig felt the need to say she was sitting on the sidelines again. It was an interesting exchange until that, a bit too melodramatic I thought...but, what do I know, I'm going to sit on the sidelines too now.
    I'll be the waterboy handing out Quality H2o!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Moving on from the mention of food.... :)

There is a new Art Gallery due to open in Gas Terrace , Tralee , in the next few days. It is close to where the Bin Ban Gallery was some years ago.

Wishing them every success in their new venture::)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Lelantos wrote: »
    I read the exchange, it was 2 people giving their views on different establishments the gluten free diet as opposed to "normal" diet. There wasn't any harsh words exchanged, so I'm not sure why carraig felt the need to say she was sitting on the sidelines again. It was an interesting exchange until that, a bit too melodramatic I thought...but, what do I know, I'm going to sit on the sidelines too now.

Oh jesus don't get me wrong their was nothing harshly said but all that was said was a friend thought it was expensive, after that it went on to what we have read to this. Don't think it was melodrama but like yourself what do I know :).

I am eating my own words here with my "backseat mod" post a bit back, so I should by right keep my beak out of it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Carraig95

I just find it highly unusual how a business that employs over 50+ people in the town such as Rocky Mountain can be slated on an exceptional level without any rebuke from the regular posters. Yet when I comment on how nice The Gluten Free place is, yet I felt it was bad value and over priced, there is a defense you wouldn't see for Robert Zimmerman.

When I tried to explain that my friend preferred on of Ray's Loaded Lunches rolls, I get an unwanted lesson on how great gluten free stuff is compared to Ray's 'stodgy, crap, processed' food.

Aaaaand then of course the usual three or four come out to back up their regular poster buddy. Funnily enough, for the first time, I have received four emails from posters saying how they too just look in from the sidelines.

Very welcoming alright.

Cool ...............:cool:

Today was fantastic again weather wise.

I spent my afternoon on a course.

Did anyone get up to anything interesting ? Waterskiing? Swimming?

Looks like this fine weather is going to remain for the weekend too!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭traleespud

He/she gave an honest opinion, people did not agree with it, he/she defended his/her comments and now the situation has yet again escalated in to something not needed.

With the greatest respect traleespud it is no wonder why carraig reads from the sidelines. I have said far worse and so have others and have not been treated like that on account of a difference of opinion.

Give the man or woman a break :).

My post had nothing to do with the opinions of the posters but rather the tone of carraig95 post when he/she didn't get a reply they liked!!!
    Carraig95 wrote: »
    I shall once more keep my opinions to myself.

Unreal, certain posters can say anything about any business on this forum and nothing is said, and others (who look in every single day, but never feel comfortable to post...and before anything is said, I was one of the few people here positive about Rocky Mountain, and I always back up any negative observation with a valid point) others can't say a word.

No need for a retort. I'll disappear again and leave the hardcore few rule the thread once more.

Thought the above was a little childish and OTT, its not the first time this poster has thrown the toys out of the cot over something minor!

traleespud wrote: »
    My post had nothing to do with the opinions of the posters but rather the tone of carraig95 post when he/she didn't get a reply they liked!!!

Thought the above was a little childish and OTT, its not the first time this poster has thrown the toys out of the cot over something minor!

And it certainly isn't the first time you've rowed in defending your buddies. It's quite easy to get frustrated when every slightly negative post is jumped in by the few hardcore who don't like it. Yet 'like' every slight inane comment they say to each other.

Folks, please.

Can we move on ?

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    just read on the Kerryman FB page that there is a missing teen from the town, last seen on June 29th:

https://www.facebook.com/kerryman.official?fref=ts

Gosh, that must be extremely worrying for the parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

I sense a disturbance in the force, Master Derek. Perhaps the unseasonably hot weather has something to do with it?
    The in-fighting on this thread, that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Claretjug

Carraig95 in my humble opinion stepped over the line with Ciarrai because Carraig95 said that the sandwich she got was bad value and expensive. Obviously Ciarrai came to defend the shop because she is connected through family to the shop, so who would blame her for over reacting the way she did with her posts.
    Honesty and openess on Ciarrais part would have defused the situation because everyone would know where Ciarrai was coming from with her posts.
    Maybe the Mods would have a look to see if any rules were broken?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

My post had nothing to do with the opinions of the posters but rather the tone of carraig95 post when he/she didn't get a reply liked

Mussssssst nnnnnnot posssst reply.........

I happen to agree with carrigs point of view, I none the less respect ciarrai's and while I do not agree with your post about OTT and child like behaviour I still repsect it as it is your opinion on it. This is not a attack on you spud no doubt in my mind your a nice bloke but like what you did I felt the need to comment.

Much as I love a good argument am out and hopefully when Lelantos has read by business plan we can go into to bizniz selling water.

I just find it highly unusual how a business that employs over 50+ people in the town such as Rocky Mountain can be slated on an exceptional level without any rebuke from the regular posters.

First off I don't think anyone has slated RM here???? If you check back many including me have praised it and are willing to give it the benefit of the doubt as a new venture with teething problems. I've been a number of times already despite the poor reviews!!

Yet when I comment on how nice The Gluten Free place is, yet I felt it was bad value and over priced, there is a defense you wouldn't see for Robert Zimmerman.

From what i could read is the point Charrai was making is that gluten free restaurant is not bad value OR over priced but rather the ingredients used in gluten free products make gluten free food more expensive in general. It's the same with gluten free restaurants the length and breadth of the country. You were making it sound as that particular establishment was poor value for money.
    When I tried to explain that my friend preferred on of Ray's Loaded Lunches rolls, I get an unwanted lesson on how great gluten free stuff is compared to Ray's 'stodgy, crap, processed' food.

That's a simple fact of course gluten free is better that a deli/diner ??? Surely you agree with that????? Charrai was adding some of his/her knowledge on gluten free products which I found to be an interesting read actually.
    Aaaaand then of course the usual three or four come out to back up their regular poster buddy. Funnily enough, for the first time, I have received four emails from posters saying how they too just look in from the sidelines.

There was no backing up i don't see what your implying here, I commented on your post as I saw it??? There is ZERO reason why you or anyone should look on from the sideline this is a public forum. I'm new to it myself and if I've something to add I post if not I don't!!! Not everyone will agree with what I have to say but hey that's life either we agree to disagree or Maybe following a discussion I see things from a different side!!!
    Very welcoming alright.

I don't know what you or others expect as a welcome???? As far as I'm concerned as a normal registered user like most others it's not my place to be welcoming??? I'm an equal to you and most others here??? Why should I roll out the red carpet for you????

Claretjug wrote: »
    Carraig95 in my humble opinion stepped over the line with Ciarrai because Carraig95 said that the sandwich she got was bad value and expensive. Obviously Ciarrai came to defend the shop because she is connected through family to the shop, so who would blame her for over reacting the way she did with her posts.
    Honesty and openess on Ciarrais part would have defused the situation because everyone would know where Ciarrai was coming from with her posts.

I had no idea that Ciarrai76 was in any way connected to The Gluten Free place, but obviously she is.

If that is the case, I presume rules are being broken by extolling the virtues of a family business while referring to rolls produced by Ray's (a competing business in some respects) as stodgy crap...

First off I don't think anyone has slated RM here???? If you check back many including me have praised it and are willing to give it the benefit of the doubt as a new venture with teething problems. I've been a number of times already despite the poor reviews!!

From what i could read is the point Charrai was making is that gluten free restaurant is not bad value OR over priced but rather the ingredients used in gluten free products make gluten free food more expensive in general. It's the same with gluten free restaurants the length and breadth of the country. You were making it sound as that particular establishment was poor value for money.

I was saying that it was poor value for money. That's exactly what I was saying. Am I not entitled to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I had no idea that Ciarrai76 was in any way connected to The Gluten Free place, but obviously she is.

If that is the case, I presume rules are being broken by extolling the virtues of a family business while referring to rolls produced by Ray's (a competing business in some respects) as stodgy crap...

Burn her at the stake I say! We've not a good burning in Tralee these past 500 years I'd say!! :D

I would love to take a side here, but to be honest I'm a little confused about the debate at hand.
    Are we saying that Gluten Free Restaurants are by their nature not strictly eligible
    for a comparative analysis with more conventional eateries.

Given that they are providing an alternative to the more traditional lunchtime fare,
    is it reasonable to expect that it should cost a little more? Is that where we are?

You know, leaving aside personal grievances etc.

kn wrote: »
    Burn her at the stake I say! We've not a good burning in Tralee these past 500 years I'd say!! :D

Lol.......

It has been a long day, Interesting points were made by all parties concerned.

Is there anything else happening in Tralee?

Forgot to mention I passed by the People's Park yesterday. The roses are in full bloom , the park looks magnificent. If there are any keen gardeners or photographers out there, I guess it is well worth a visit:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I just find it highly unusual how a business that employs over 50+ people in the town such as Rocky Mountain can be slated on an exceptional level without any rebuke from the regular posters. Yet when I comment on how nice The Gluten Free place is, yet I felt it was bad value and over priced, there is a defense you wouldn't see for Robert Zimmerman.

Very welcoming alright.

I didn't say Ray's sold stodgy, crap, processed food...I was referring to the BREAD ROLLS that you mentioned he & other places sell. I made no reference to any other food he sells in there, which i gather by all accounts is very nice!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

how do you even know who I am or who I am connected to? I did say I know the owner, so what if I'm related or not??
    I didn't plug the place, I merely informed the poster of gluten free food, which I personally know about! It was an informative post, to try and explain gluten free food!
    I have actually told the mods myself, and I didn't advertise the business, just commented on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Well visit two to Rocky Mountain.. Drive thru was quick. Got to window and asked for the chicken burger. I was told there was no chicken. I was like wtf. Then three staff including one in a shirt and tie started fighting over what chicken they had left. When I had the young fellow on his own I was like why don't ye have chicken burgers. He said the ones they had were gone off. His words not mine. God bless you have to admire his honesty and the fact he was so naive.

I never laughed so much in my life

On the plus side the 1/4 was unreal along with the chips.

Oh and the floor was somewhat cleaner this time

adam88 wrote: »
    Well visit two to Rocky Mountain.. Drive thru was quick. Got to window and asked for the chicken burger. I was told there was no chicken. I was like wtf. Then three staff including one in a shirt and tie started fighting over what chicken they had left. When I had the young fellow on his own I was like why don't ye have chicken burgers. He said the ones they had were gone off. His words not mine. God bless you have to admire his honesty and the fact he was so naive.

I never laughed so much in my life

On the plus side the 1/4 was unreal along with the chips.

Oh and the floor was somewhat cleaner this time

That's brilliant!!! Fair dues to the young fella for the honesty!!!

I was saying that it was poor value for money. That's exactly what I was saying. Am I not entitled to that?

PERFECTLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Same way I'm entitled and other posters are entitled to disagree or rather argue the case!!!!

The point i was making with my OP IS just because we're not agreeing doesn't mean I'm going to storm off in a huff or does it mean you should either!!!!

You had one or two posters agree with you also but you don't here me claiming you've got "buddies" backing you up.......... they just agree with you and not me???? Big deal????

The whole world is not against you.......... They may however not agree with you!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Claretjug

Ciarrai76, extolling a family business and just saying that they were friends of yours leaves you in a very precarious position as regards forum rules plus it leaves you open to the criticism of being economical with the truth and one can only wonder why you went down that road.

PERFECTLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Same way I'm entitled and other posters are entitled to disagree or rather argue the case!!!!

The point i was making with my OP IS just because we're not agreeing doesn't mean I'm going to storm off in a huff or does it mean you should either!!!!

You had one or two posters agree with you also but you don't here me claiming you've got "buddies" backing you up.......... they just agree with you and not me???? Big deal????

The whole world is not against you.......... They may however not agree with you!!!!!

My issue was with over pricing in a certain establishment, not with any one individual at the start. Even when Ciarrai defended her friends place, I never continued to badger her the way I fell you are doing right now.

This is the third post where you have persisted on personally attacking me, yet have had no input into the establishment of your own.

Typical behaviour from a keyboard warrior.

Can we put this to bed? I'm getting very sleepy. I must admit I'm still confused about the Robert Zimmerman defence reference. Is Bob Dylan coeliac or something?

My issue was with over pricing in a certain establishment, not with any one individual at the start. Even when Ciarrai defended her friends place, I never continued to badger her the way I fell you are doing right now.

This is the third post where you have persisted on personally attacking me, yet have had no input into the establishment of your own.

Typical behaviour from a keyboard warrior.

I didn't take offence to you commenting on the pricing, its your opinion. I just was TRYING to explain how it can be a little bit more expensive for certain gluten free items. I wasn't trying to plug, advertise etc this business. I just thought it might clear up why it may seem a bit more, not a lecture. Sorry if you took offence to anything I said, I wasn't trying to seem defensive. Whether I'm related or not to the owner isn't why I was commenting, I just do have a little knowledge on gluten free food. Its not fair to start saying I'm breaking rules, which Claretjug has now accused me of! I'm allowed to defend a business of someone I know, as are you allowed to defend RM!
    Nor was I saying Ray's was in anyway crap, its the type of rolls, such as cuisine de france rolls, that are not so good!
    I feel like its all being blown out of proportion for no reason.

Ciarrai76, extolling a family business and just saying that they were friends of yours leaves you in a very precarious position as regards forum rules plus it leaves you open to the criticism of being economical with the truth and one can only wonder why you went down that road.

Should really leave the rules and there implications to the mods Clare!!!

• Advertisement

groovie wrote: »
    Can we put this to bed? I'm getting very sleepy. I must admit I'm still confused about the Robert Zimmerman defence reference. Is Bob Dylan coeliac or something?

Haha!!! Totally my mistake, was listening to Bob Dylan while referring to George Zimmerman and his recent acquittal through an exceptional defense.

All the subconscious.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement