Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Claretjug wrote: »
    Carraig95 in my humble opinion stepped over the line with Ciarrai because Carraig95 said that the sandwich she got was bad value and expensive. Obviously Ciarrai came to defend the shop because she is connected through family to the shop, so who would blame her for over reacting the way she did with her posts.
    Honesty and openess on Ciarrais part would have defused the situation because everyone would know where Ciarrai was coming from with her posts.
    Maybe the Mods would have a look to see if any rules were broken?

Oh my goodness! :confused:

Ciarrai explained very well about gluten free food and its importance to people who are coeliac.

At no stage did she promote any business in Tralee.

Can we move on , please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Good night, posters. Join us for another debate tomorrow night.
    The topic "If you're too old to cut the mustard, you can still lick the jar".

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

groovie wrote: »
    Good night, posters. Join us for another debate tomorrow night.
    The topic "If you're too old to cut the mustard, you can still lick the jar".

ugggh..I don't like mustard lol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Tomhere

Would this thread be better if all talk of food and places to eat was banned or put on a seperate thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 traleeblowin

Wonder what tomorrow`s silly juvenile argument will be about. This is really great reading for people who may be deciding to open a food business in Tralee or even for people thinking about having a holiday break in the area. Why not try to post something positive and stop the bitching ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭traleespud

Carraig95 wrote: »
    My issue was with over pricing in a certain establishment, not with any one individual at the start. Even when Ciarrai defended her friends place, I never continued to badger her the way I fell you are doing right now.

This is the third post where you have persisted on personally attacking me, yet have had no input into the establishment of your own.

Typical behaviour from a keyboard warrior.

My god your hard work!!!

I never once personally attacked you??? Please back this up with quotes?????

Your posts however yes ...... I disagreed with a lot of what you had to say.

I had to google keyboard warrior??? And I'm sorry but if THAT is not a personal attack on somebody I don't know what is!!!!!

PM if ya wanna chat more!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Good night all .:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

myself & Carraig are grand....we have had a private 'chat' and there's no hard feelings between us two anyway :) its all good in the hood ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

No need for a retort. I'll disappear again and leave the hardcore few rule the thread once more.

Ok, I can understand the sentiment here, but slightly overdramatic, and not the kind of message anyone wants to be sending out here.
    Aaaaand then of course the usual three or four come out to back up their regular poster buddy. Funnily enough, for the first time, I have received four emails from posters saying how they too just look in from the sidelines.

Very welcoming alright.

:( as above!
    Maybe the Mods would have a look to see if any rules were broken?
    I presume rules are being broken by extolling the virtues of a family business while referring to rolls produced by Ray's (a competing business in some respects) as stodgy crap...
    Ciarrai76, extolling a family business and just saying that they were friends of yours leaves you in a very precarious position as regards forum rules plus it leaves you open to the criticism of being economical with the truth and one can only wonder why you went down that road.

Speaking of rules, you might want to read the section on backseat modding!

Right - this, yet again, is another ridiculous argument on a public forum. A few points - Tralee is a small town, and I have already managed to identify some posters on here from the various comments being made - just keep that in mind guys, it's very easy to not be so anonymous on a public thread dedicated to a small town.

So, do you guys want Ciarraí76 to identify every potential business connection he/she may have in the town, just in case one of his/her posts recommends something too highly? Actually, we all better do that then. Now fair enough, if he/she was posting things like 'go to the gluten free place cos x, y, z, reasons and it's the best in town' then I would say the poster was a shill, it would be breaking the rules, and action would be taken, as advertising your own business or that of a friend/family member is against boards.ie rules. However, from what I have read over the past few pages that is not how it comes across to me. The poster seems to be promoting gluten free diets as much as, if not more so than the restaurant, and he/she is perfectly entitled to endorse a diet. Given the personal connection though, it is a fine line, but I think the poster themselves is aware of this. I am sure people will be ready with their report trigger fingers if someone steps too far left or right of the mark though!

For now - stop the bitching, stop the backseat modding and beware of shilling!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

traleespud wrote: »
    Sully man get a grip stop reading into things like the whole world is your enemy!!! It's off topic not interesting and boring to other posters. You know where my PM button is if ya wanna trash it out.
    The whole world seems to be against you!!!! Chill your a bit OTT. No need to run off in a huff again??
    My god your hard work!!!

I never once personally attacked you??? Please back this up with quotes?????

Your posts however yes ...... I disagreed with a lot of what you had to say.

I had to google keyboard warrior??? And I'm sorry but if THAT is not a personal attack on somebody I don't know what is!!!!!

This lad does enjoy kicking off,pity he dont seem able to back himself up for very long without turning to aggression and abusive behaviour.

Calm down lad its a bloody forum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Carraig95

Both Ciarrai76 and I have had a nice PM and sorted everything out.

Gonna pop in before the weekend to try some of the lasagne. I heard it's great!!! :)

Lol. And people wonder why Killarney is so much more popular than Tralee. Perhaps the people that live there and make a direct or spin-off living from tourism have realised that if they work together and have their petty arguments in private that people will come to check out the place and spend.

Wonder what tomorrow`s silly juvenile argument will be about. This is really great reading for people who may be deciding to open a food business in Tralee or even for people thinking about having a holiday break in the area. Why not try to post something positive and stop the bitching ?

Look Derek has just gone and set up a new account. I thought that was against the rules

440Hz wrote: »
    Ok, I can understand the sentiment here, but slightly overdramatic, and not the kind of message anyone wants to be sending out here.

:( as above!

Speaking of rules, you might want to read the section on backseat modding!

Right - this, yet again, is another ridiculous argument on a public forum. A few points - Tralee is a small town, and I have already managed to identify some posters on here from the various comments being made - just keep that in mind guys, it's very easy to not be so anonymous on a public thread dedicated to a small town.

So, do you guys want Ciarraí76 to identify every potential business connection he/she may have in the town, just in case one of his/her posts recommends something too highly? Actually, we all better do that then. Now fair enough, if he/she was posting things like 'go to the gluten free place cos x, y, z, reasons and it's the best in town' then I would say the poster was a shill, it would be breaking the rules, and action would be taken, as advertising your own business or that of a friend/family member is against boards.ie rules. However, from what I have read over the past few pages that is not how it comes across to me. The poster seems to be promoting gluten free diets as much as, if not more so than the restaurant, and he/she is perfectly entitled to endorse a diet. Given the personal connection though, it is a fine line, but I think the poster themselves is aware of this. I am sure people will be ready with their report trigger fingers if someone steps too far left or right of the mark though!

For now - stop the bitching, stop the backseat modding and beware of shilling!

Absolutely unbelievable!!! I was told that this particular mod would weigh in just like you did! Hillarious! Yet nothing said to one particular poster (not Ciarrai76) who weighed in on the argument with no constructive criticism except badgering.

Whatever man. I'm off to bed.

Sully34 wrote: »
    This lad does enjoy kicking off,pity he dont seem able to back himself up for very long without turning to aggression and abusive behaviour.

Totally with you on this one Sully!!! Absolute truth.

Both Ciarrai76 and I have had a nice PM and sorted everything out.

Great! Pity someone didn't think of that 4 pages back!
    Lol. And people wonder why Killarney is so much more popular than Tralee. Perhaps the people that live there and make a direct or spin-off living from tourism have realised that if they work together and have their petty arguments in private that people will come to check out the place and spend.

For a new poster, that's dangerously close to trolling ... just sayin'!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Man **** going down when sully says calm it. :D only funnin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Lads. Yere sad. Yere fighting over a gluten free cafe and PRE made rolls. Will ye ever cop on and stop rising each other.

Absolutely unbelievable!!! I was told that this particular mod would weigh in just like you did! Hillarious! Yet nothing said to one particular poster (not Ciarrai76) who weighed in on the argument with no constructive criticism except badgering.

Whatever man. I'm off to bed.

There were no reports relating to other posters!! I can't read every single post in detail, when there are so many pages of arguments.

As for your 'particular mod' comment - that is because I am the one responding to reported posts, it's what I am supposed to do, if you have a problem with me doing my job I suggest you don't post about it in the forum. I haven't done anything out of turn to you, only make a note about backseat modding.

All this stemming from an argument where a poster takes something too personally, and now giving out about mod intervention in the same way!

Totally with you on this one Sully!!! Absolute truth.

I have to be careful what I say because I could get done for being a 'Backseat Mod' but reading back over your debate with Ciarrai it didnt seem like it needed anyone to come in and personally attack either one of you. You both seemed to be in control of the debate.

That lad is very trigger happy with the old report button,Im just saying!!

• Advertisement

Not a new account Sully. Been an observer for quite a while. Another waste of time post.

Ha Pot, kettle and black comes to mind sully. Can you please back up this aggression and abusive behaviour with some of my quotes portraying this????? Your posts are once again smelling of s**te!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

adam88 wrote: »
    Lads. Yere sad. Yere fighting over a gluten free cafe and PRE made rolls. Will ye ever cop on and stop rising each other.

Much like the rolls in question....

Good night folks you've been great.

Not a new account Sully. Been an observer for quite a while. Another waste of time post.

Wasnt a pop at you lad

I have to be careful what I say because I could get done for being a 'Backseat Mod' but reading back over your debate with Ciarrai it didnt seem like it needed anyone to come in and personally attack either one of you. You both seemed to be in control of the debate.

Actually, when i get 4 reports relating to the argument it IS cause to come in, and I did not personally attack anyone, I warned against backseat modding and clarified issues relating to shilling.

Ha Pot, kettle and black comes to mind sully. Can you please back up this aggression and abusive behaviour with some of my quotes portraying this????? Your posts are once again smelling of s**te!!!!

Well you just portrayed it right here yourself lad

Actually, when i get 4 reports relating to the argument it IS cause to come in, and I did not personally attack anyone, I warned against backseat modding and clarified issues relating to shilling.

It wasnt you I was talking about though

It wasnt you I was talking about though

Phew!!

I was wondering how it could have seemed that way. Apologies in that case, I misread your point.

That lad is very trigger happy with the old report button,Im just saying!!

If its me your referring to you couldn't be further from the truth!!!!

Gone to bed!!! Off to sharm el sheikh for a week tomorrow!!! Toodles

• Advertisement

Phew!!

I was wondering how it could have seemed that way. Apologies in that case, I misread your point.

Dont know what your relieved for,YOU GOT THE POWER!. Just give me a little bit of that power for one night!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement