Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Interesting that he chose to mirror your name aswell!

Ha, I didn't even notice that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Carraig95 wrote: »
    Interesting that he chose to mirror your name aswell!

I'm flattered . No such thing as bad publicity!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

A bit mad about that girl that's 'missing'. She's now writing blaming the mother.

She'd badly want to grow up

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

adam88 wrote: »
    A bit mad about that girl that's 'missing'. She's now writing blaming the mother.

She'd badly want to grow up

she is so ungrateful! Whatever her issues with her mother, she should have at least shown some sort of gratitude for everyone's concern! She needs a kick up the backside!
    I'm sure we all had issues with our parents in our teens too, and I'm sure a few wanted to run away (I know I wanted to many times!), but you would at least say thanks for the concern, not go on FB being a cheeky brat about it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I know I asked yesterday, but with all the carry on it prob got missed....but does anyone know what's going on with Costa Coffee? are they still due to open in Micko's? There doesn't seem to be much going on in there! I would have thought they would have wanted to be open for the Festival, doubtful at this stage.

Speaking of the festival, I see the street lights have started to go up :)

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I know I asked yesterday, but with all the carry on it prob got missed....but does anyone know what's going on with Costa Coffee? are they still due to open in Micko's? There doesn't seem to be much going on in there! I would have thought they would have wanted to be open for the Festival, doubtful at this stage.

Speaking of the festival, I see the street lights have started to go up :)

The Costa Coffee story appears to have reached an end........?.:confused:
    My understanding , it was due to open in July.....looks like they have now missed the boat in terms of the tourist season and Festival. There is nothing happening on the outside of the building. :confused:

Speaking of the Festival, I understand it is going to be a week long event this year. Just like the good old days!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Forgot to mention I passed by the People's Park yesterday.
    The only peoples parks I know of are in Limerick or DunLeary. The big field in the centre of Tralee is called the Green!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

The only peoples parks I know of are in Limerick or DunLeary. The big field in the centre of Tralee is called the Green!

Do they not call Pearce Park across the road from the green that? Can't remember, either old age or addled from the heat :)

We always called it the small park :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Adiboo wrote: »
    We always called it the small park :p

It's Pairc na Parisaigh and the Town Park is colloquially known locally as 'the Green'.

• Advertisement

kn wrote: »
    It's Pairc na Parisaigh and the Town Park is colloquially known locally as 'the Green'.

I know it's Pairc na Piarsaigh. In our group as teens we called it the small park.

It'll always be the small park to me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

kn wrote: »

I thought "the green" was always the the Green school when said, that is. Well that is what we called it when I went their. The town park was "the park", and the Pearce park was called the small park.

I thought "the green" was always the the Green school when said that is. Well that is what we called it and I went their. The town park was "the park", and the Pearce park was called the small park.

I would also refer to the big park as 'the green'. I would assume the school got it's nickname from the park being called 'the green'.

I do call the school 'the Green' myself too though.

The word 'green' has lost all meaning to me now after typing it so many times :p

Both the town park & the CBS secondary are called the Green. And it's not just colloquially either. There are roadsigns outside the TTC office pointing to the green with its name in Irish.....if anyone has ever spotted it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

The Costa Coffee story appears to have reached an end........?.:confused:
    My understanding , it was due to open in July.....looks like they have now missed the boat in terms of the tourist season and Festival. There is nothing happening on the outside of the building. :confused:

Speaking of the Festival, I understand it is going to be a week long event this year. Just like the good old days!:)

I was talking to George who runs The Blasket last week and he told me that the pubs in town have exemptions for 10 nights for the festival if they want them at 400 Euro for an exemption per night.

Anyway on to more important matters, its my birthday tomorrow!

I will be getting very drunk in our lovely little town tomorrow night.

unkymo wrote: »
    I was talking to George who runs The Blasket last week and he told me that the pubs in town have exemptions for 10 nights for the festival if they want them at 400 Euro for an exemption per night.

Happy Birthday, have a great day:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Just wondering if anyone has come across a ginger and white male cat in the last couple of weeks.
    He is neutered and about 4 years old. he usually goes off gallivanting for a week or so but he has never been gone this long, I live in Tralee town so if ye have seen him or could keep an eye out for him. Thanks

Where is The Island of Geese?

unkymo wrote: »

Happy 50th auld fella!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Island of Geese: street just off Matt Talbot Road that leads you down to Shaws/Garda Station. Dennys Factory is on the left side of it.

• Advertisement

Where is The Island of Geese?

Behind the garda station. It's the little road that connects Dennys old enterance to the roundabout past Lambs glass

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

No lads, ye are completely wrong. The Isle of Geese is the bit of land that is bordered by High St, the little road that runs up towards the back of Shaws, and the little road that connects the roundabout to the old Denny entrance. It hosts the Garda Station, and at the other end, the Kerry School of Music.
    Lived in Tralee long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

groovie wrote: »
    No lads, ye are completely wrong. The Isle of Geese is the bit of land that is bordered by High St, the little road that runs up towards the back of Shaws, and the little road that connects the roundabout to the old Denny entrance. It hosts the Garda Station, and at the other end, the Kerry School of Music.
    Lived in Tralee long?

Your right, intriguing name for it.

Lived in Tralee long?

We're talking about the same road I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Lelantos wrote: »
    We're talking about the same road I think?

Indeed we are. I was trying to spice things up a little in here with my delivery, didn't appear to work though. I mean if this place can go to war over a sandwich, why not an Island of Geese?

Indeed we are. I was trying to spice things up a little in here with my delivery, didn't appear to work though. I mean if this place can go to war over a sandwich, why not an Island of Geese?

Ah! Sorry, my bad......if it was island of Turkeys we could have combined both!

U d

I don't care what everyone says but I think yere all sound

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

adam88 wrote: »
    U d

U wha?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

The Green probably got its name from the fact that it was the castle green, presumably where my royal ancestors used for hang out of an evening with a stiff drink and some opium [ my how things have changed, naggins and hash are mostly consumed there these days ! ]

The small park was part of the green but was severed off a few decades back by Bothar na Parisaigh to form Pairc na Parisaigh.

Correct about Island of Geese, there is [or was] a street sign on the house next to Manna/Lambes.

Edit Yup the sign is still there although google seem to have sliced the center out

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement