Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motor tax no longer sending letters?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

got my email today too.....not got a problem with it (I'd prefer they remind me as I could forget as it's 4 weeks to the renewal date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

No email for me (tax isn't up until the end of the month, so I'll have to wait and see)

I tend not to put an email address or phone number on the VLC anyway when buying a car

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Tax was out at end of last month. Got renewal notice with pin in post, followed by a reminder letter 2 weeks later followed by another reminder a week later. Also got 3 emails over the month as well.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 68,548 ✭✭✭✭L1011

listermint wrote: »
    Keeping unnecessary jobs for the sake of it.

The individual MTOs are the unnecessary jobs - the online operation has very, very few staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

MugMugs wrote: »
    I welcome the letters. Damm right they should incur expenses to bill me! Why would I facilitate them to take stupid amounts of money off of me?

Fvck that sh1t! It's you and me who ultimately pay for those letters. ;)

I got mine today too. €56! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Sadderday wrote: »
    My mother, for example... had been expecting her letter as usual and when she didn't recieve it she drove to Navan from Enfield (taking time off work) to pay. Surely someone there in the office should have relayed the amendment details to her... it was only when I called her this morning to explain that I recieved an email that she realised that our post is not going missing like she thought.

Don't mean to be cheeky, but why would she take time off work to drive 40 miles... Surely a quick phone call could have cleared up the confusion...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

,,,,,and the point is missed once again.....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,895 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Getting with the times is it ?

If by getting with the times you mean they should have outsourced the entire motor tax collection office to an efficient private company that can also offer Direct Debit Mandate.

Thats getting with the times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

Padkir wrote: »
    Don't mean to be cheeky, but why would she take time off work to drive 40 miles... Surely a quick phone call could have cleared up the confusion...

Old School.... no changing it. Wanted to pay before due date and doesnt like paying over the phone... still pay bills in post office with cash...

Might be old school but also wanting to ensure she is never late paying.. which is admirable

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Slow payers are the least of their worries. At least slow payers actually pay, and pay the full amount...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

MCMLXXV wrote: »

I got mine today too. €56! :P
    Well it's nice to see some return on your investment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

so you ticked a box without reading what you were ticking, confirming that you would like to be contacted by email, but you expected a letter in the post to confirm that you had said you would only like to be contacted by email?

Actually from my experience, the box is automatically ticked and you have to un-tick it to get a letter in the post.

Never thought of that ;):D.
    MugMugs wrote: »
    I welcome the letters. Damm right they should incur expenses to bill me! Why would I facilitate them to take stupid amounts of money off of me?

Exactly^. They can bloody well afford to post me out that damn letter out of how much they extort from me every year if they want me to pay :mad:.
    MCMLXXV wrote: »

Until theres a discount for paying online and via a letter-less option, then I will continue to see to it that they pay to get the money from me. Its never going to get cheaper again anyway, even if everyone does it online completely so no point in deluding yourself otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭LoveCoke

Is motortax reminder only sent by email now. My friend got one and it said he will not get a paper one. He paid online a few times but not every time. Now he has to pay online

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ibebanging

LoveCoke wrote: »
    Is motortax reminder only sent by email now. My friend got one and it said he will not get a paper one. He paid online a few times but not every time. Now he has to pay online

My reminder is by email also, don't see a problem. Its 2013 why would one not renew online it's easy and less time consuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I ticked the "email me" option when it first came in but have never gotten an email yet. Letter arrived for this month as per usual.

I'd agree with the DD option - better again if they could charge it monthly rather than one lump sum as it'd make it more manageable sometimes too. They might even get more money out of it.

But do something for the benefit of the customer/taxpayer rather than the staff? That's not the Irish way! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement