Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do the rents around Dublin go down after the end of the college year?

Options
  • 03-04-2013 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Just wondering if I should wait till the end of this normal college year to look for a room to rent. Is there a noticeable difference in the rent after the students move back home?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

From my experience, the price doesnt go down much but you will have a much better choice if you start looking early before the colleges get back in september

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Trhiggy83 wrote: »
    From my experience, the price doesnt go down much but you will have a much better choice if you start looking early before the colleges get back in september

precisely this, as i was on the market around July august last year, and the availability was starting to wain at that stage. Id reccomend being able to move mid july the latest to get the most of the available selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Doubt it'd move much.

Serious shortage of good quality accommodation in the Capital due to it being pretty much the centre of any prospective employment in this country.

Took me about 6 weeks in Sept/Oct 2011 to try find something reasonable and decent quality. I've kept an eye on Daft since and tbh there's **** all out there for less than €500 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

There will be more availability but the prices probably won't budge. The LC results come out in mid-August, and the CAO offers a week later. You would definitely want to have somewhere before then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

No because because you have to sign a 12 month lease to get a lower rent. Some landlord charge lower for June, July and august and increase for september.

But this years this is a half of brazil in Dublin. So it's a case starting looking ASAP as a lot of landlord advertise in about a month or two for September

• Advertisement
Advertisement