Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar panel installer recommendations?

Options
  • 03-04-2013 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

All of the discussions around this are in threads that are over 6 years old so I'm looking for more up to date information.

I'm looking for anyone who had them installed recently in the Galway City area and are satisfied with the job done both in terms of efficiency (done within agreed time frame and cost) and also happy with the result (piping hot water)..

It would make the whole selection process easier based on satisfied customers rather than a shot in the dark..

Feel free to PM me if you do not want to publish names etc...

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

deeno1975 wrote: »
    All of the discussions around this are in threads that are over 6 years old so I'm looking for more up to date information.

I'm looking for anyone who had them installed recently in the Galway City area and are satisfied with the job done both in terms of efficiency (done within agreed time frame and cost) and also happy with the result (piping hot water)..

It would make the whole selection process easier based on satisfied customers rather than a shot in the dark..

Ta

Try http://www.connaughtsolar.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭deeno1975

paconnors wrote: »

Yeah was looking at them alright, their website looks good and professional... Anyone have any experience of dealing with them???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

We got ours put in by Elementary Energy (Corofin) 4 years ago, service was great! http://www.elementaryenergy.ie/

Also try Natural Green Energy (Craughwell) we got a pellet stove from them (best invention ever) but they also do solar panels. http://www.naturalgreenenergy.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mark.gaynor72

deeno1975 wrote: »

Ta

I went with a company called <snip>. based in Barna.

Have had nothing but trouble with the panels since installed. They regularly have to be topped up with Glycol that they bleed off when the pressure in the system bleeds itself. Last time their engineer charged €80 (when I got him to come).

<Snip> engineer coming again next week (hopefully) but I'll have my plumber there too until he fixes the problems once and for all.

Stay well away.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Please read the charter about using a thread to give anti-recommendations.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement