Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery replacement in phonewatch alarm

Options
  • 03-04-2013 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

I need a battery replacement in the main panel of my eircom phonewatch alarm system so I rang Eircom today to try organise someone to come out to do this 10 minute job. The callout charge I was quoted was €110. Even if the engineer is really slow and takes 20 minutes this adds up to €330 for an hour on site... I was then also told that the price of the battery is an extra €40 on top of that too. Considering how much of a rip off the labour is I decided to price the battery from a suppliers myself. It costs €9.50. So not only are you charging €330 per hour on site but also adding a mark-up of over 400% on materials. I have also been refused the information needed to maintain the system myself so if I did change the battery myself I wouldn't be able to restart the system to stop the "system low battery" warning going off every few hours. Rip-off Ireland is still well and truly alive with Eircom. Anyone reading know of any cheap alarm installers?

Advertisement