Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prices, and place recommendations for a tattoo, dublin

Options
  • 03-04-2013 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

So i was thinking of getting something like this (image at the bottem of post) as a tattoo on my arm, obviously it would be alot smaller, i dont necessarily want it colored, shaded would do, i dont want the background, just the ashes and the phoenix itself, i was wondering if any tatto places in dublin would be able to re-sketch this image so its more suitable for an arm tattoo, since i myself am bad at drawing xD and if you guys had any recommendations for a place to get it done, and an idea of how much it would cost if it was alot smaller, shaded and on the arm

phoenix-rising.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Me personally If I was you I'd keep it as a colour tattoo as phoenix tattoos can look really vivid and bright when done in colour they can be fantastic looking, I also would keep the background image of the hands reaching up to grab the phoenix its cool looking and would help make it a unique piece :). But thats just my opinion :).

As for cost on average for a decent studio be looking at around 100 an hour, no one here can give you a guess really on overall cost only an artist can do that all depends on the level of detail, size of the piece and the speed of the artist.

For studio recommendations that would suit were abouts are you located and are you willing to travel?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mosher 66

Me personally If I was you I'd keep it as a colour tattoo as phoenix tattoos can look really vivid and bright when done in colour they can be fantastic looking, I also would keep the background image of the hands reaching up to grab the phoenix its cool looking and would help make it a unique piece :). But thats just my opinion :).

As for cost on average for a decent studio be looking at around 100 an hour, no one here can give you a guess really on overall cost only an artist can do that all depends on the level of detail, size of the piece and the speed of the artist.

For studio recommendations that would suit were abouts are you located and are you willing to travel?

oh yes i will be keeping the hands, i count that as the ashes, i class the background as the sky/clouds part of it, the hands are part of the meaning of the tattoo to me xD

i live in dunboyne, but can get into town (dublin) easily, i know theres a number of places there, i just dont know whats better and whats not in terms of quality and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Your best bet is to fire off a few emails to a few studios including the image and asking for a quote. As Marty said €100 an hour is the going rate these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

mosher 66 wrote: »
    oh yes i will be keeping the hands, i count that as the ashes, i class the background as the sky/clouds part of it, the hands are part of the meaning of the tattoo to me xD

i live in dunboyne, but can get into town easily, i know theres a number of places there, i just dont know whats better and whats not in terms of quality and such.

Ok cool so Dublin city centre have a look at

Wildcat
    Skin City
    Snakebite
    Hydraulix Tattoo's
    Zulu Tattoo
    Spilled Ink
    Rob Mulligan Tattoos

All good studios with brilliant artists.Take a look at all of the above all them are on Facebook with portfolios etc see which artist suits the style you have in your head and then go in for a chat if you feel comfortable with them then go for it.

Me personally if I was going to keep it colour Id be looking at Rob Mulligan, Brian Duffy (Wildcat) or Tomash Blaszczack (Hydraulix Tattoo)
    or if you were planning on keeping it black and grey I'd look at Pawel (skin City)

Ok cool so Dublin city centre have a look at

Wildcat
    Skin City
    Snakebite
    Hydraulix Tattoo's
    Zulu Tattoo
    Spilled Ink
    Rob Mulligan Tattoos

All good studios with brilliant artists.Take a look at all of the above all them are on Facebook with portfolios etc see which artist suits the style you have in your head and then go in for a chat if you feel comfortable with them then go for it.

Me personally if I was going to keep it colour Id be looking at Rob Mulligan, Brian Duffy (Wildcat) or Tomash Blaszczack (Hydraulix Tattoo)
    or if you were planning on keeping it black and grey I'd look at Pawel (skin City)

ive looked at some of the work, brians stuff is nice, ill be up in dublin in a week or 2 anyway, so ill probablly drop in and check out the places and see what the story is, cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

mosher 66 wrote: »
    ive looked at some of the work, brians stuff is nice, ill be up in dublin in a week or 2 anyway, so ill probablly drop in and check out the places and see what the story is, cheers :)
    I would also recommend Attila at Wildcat.

oh yes one thing i also ment to mention, would it be possible to get this tattoo on the arm, if it was smaller, or would it be too much detail, i was hoping to get it on the front of the lower part of the upper arm, if you know what i mean xD

like would it be too much detail and need me to lower the detail on it, or what, and would it be possible to get it for 200 or less (obviously the 200 or less is just an estimate in your guys idea) just im pretty sure you here would have alot better of an idea than i would and could set me in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Id highly recommend Alan out in dundrum across from the old shopping centre
    Since discovering him I've gotten a few off him and he charges 42 euro an hour and is very good and pretty quick aswell
    Real sound lad
    Il be going in to get my 3/4 sleeve finished moving it up to my chest

Advertisement