Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Malaga v Borussia Dortmund

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Disappointed with that. Though it must be said, we surely won't be as blunt as that in front of goal back in Dortmund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I don't like scoreless draws in the first leg. What happens, if Malaga scores and parks the bus in the Westfalenstadion...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Absolutely thrilled for Malaga to keep it level and scoreless there. Gonna be tough in the second leg away and without some key players but at least the dream is still alive.

I'm a Manuel Pellegrini fan and I'd just love to see him go all the way in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Terrible game I thought.
    Dortmund just weren't alert at all, neither were Malaga. The number of unforced errors, clumsy touches, running into touch, sliced clearances, short feeble passes, brutally wasted sitters etc was unreal. No zip in the passing, people running into each other, just very poor standard of play considering this is a CL quarter final.
    Very disappointed with Dortmund especially. Schmelzer, Santana, Goetze, Reus & Lewandowski all well below standard.
    Barca, Real or Bayern would have torn them a new one tonight.

Boskowski wrote: »
    Terrible game I thought.
    Dortmund just weren't alert at all, neither were Malaga. The number of unforced errors, clumsy touches, running into touch, sliced clearances, short feeble passes, brutally wasted sitters etc was unreal. No zip in the passing, people running into each other, just very poor standard of play considering this is a CL quarter final.
    Very disappointed with Dortmund especially. Schmelzer, Santana, Goetze, Reus & Lewandowski all well below standard.
    Barca, Real or Bayern would have torn them a new one tonight.

They are like that all season in the Bundesliga. 20 points behind Munich, two derby losses, clumsy errors in the back... :confused:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Lars1916 wrote: »
    They are like that all season in the Bundesliga. 20 points behind Munich, two derby losses, clumsy errors in the back... :confused:

I said this to you before Xmas I'm fairly sure, but you must seperate the league form from our European form. We've been mostly excellent in Europe, so for many watching it was surprising and disappointing, fans of Dortmund or not. In saying that, we mostly bossed the game last night despite not looking great and on another night could have been going into second leg with a 2 or 3 goal lead. Was disappointing but if that is our worse performance in Europe this season, Malaga should be very worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

it was my first time to see Malaga live. they looked porous at the back .The center-forward and the attacking midfielder combination didnt work. Saviola isnt suited to that position. The Beast didnt offer much of an attacking threat. Nice to see Joaquin flying up and down the right wing again. Isco looks like a really good prospect. & Toulalan (taribo west) still puts in a great shift.
    No comparison to Pellegrini's Villlareal.
    Dortmund to win 2v0 in Westfalenstadion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Lars1916 wrote: »

I know but last night was the first time in a long time I watched a full match of theirs. Usually its just ESPN Bundesliga review.

I hope they get their act together and find some European form soon. While I want Bayern to win the CL since they put so much into it over the last 4,5 years, really I cant make up my mind since I feel Dortmund deserve something for their great 2 years. Probably Barca again anyway... :(

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I said this to you before Xmas I'm fairly sure, but you must seperate the league form from our European form. We've been mostly excellent in Europe, so for many watching it was surprising and disappointing, fans of Dortmund or not. In saying that, we mostly bossed the game last night despite not looking great and on another night could have been going into second leg with a 2 or 3 goal lead. Was disappointing but if that is our worse performance in Europe this season, Malaga should be very worried.

I'm sure, you gave me the hint, but I'm just on a streak of very negative thinking atm :confused:

We could blame Boskowski though, since he watched the full match, rather than the ESPN highlights :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Bump

Class :cool:
    248636.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Quiet enough start. Dortmund starting to put a few moves together now though.

One time and all that. Come on Malaga!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Right, I'm off to watch some paint dry instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Bump

Class :cool:

Do Dortmund have that for every home game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Is Starsteams acting up for you Oatsey ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Are they showing this game on ITV or the Madrid/Gala game?

Are they showing this game on ITV or the Madrid/Gala game?

Madrid game is on ITV.
    This is on Sky and TV3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Madrid game is on ITV.
    This is on Sky and TV3

Thanks. Bah, I'll have to stick with the annoying TV3 commentary/punditry then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

HUGE goal for Malaga. Trouble for Dortmund!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Get the **** in!! Super ****ing start from Malaga!!

• Advertisement

Things just got interesting 0-1

Jaoquin!!!! Yes, yes, yes.

Come on now, all they need to do is keep it going as they have done. Well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Great goal. I must admit that I thought that when joaquin lost his pace he would be poor

statto25 wrote: »
    Do Dortmund have that for every home game?

A big display? No, not every game. But for bigger ones they do.
    Jax Teller wrote: »
    Is Starsteams acting up for you Oatsey ?

Was fine for the first 20 minutes but then I turned it off as the TV became free after Eastenders (or whatever sh*te was on) ended.

Using EU server, RTMP and High Quality disabled.

Best thing that could have happened in this game. Dortmund have been cagey, going to have to come out and play now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Now don't concede soon after Malaga! Joaquin you sex bomb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

WACKEEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goal gets better every time they show it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

What a goal!

• Advertisement

****e, needed to hold out for longer.

What a classy goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Slick goal, phenomenal team play. That is attacking football at its best.

Wonderful flick from Reus. G'wan Lewy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

1-1!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

what a ****ing goal!

gets better with every replay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Super goal, goetze to reus to lewa and a cool finish. Game on!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

The way Lewandowski flicked the ball over the keepers legs was a touch of class

Some half!!

Two super goals and lots of action. Malaga have given them something to think about anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

What a pass that was

What a chance, should have done better.

Great goal from Dortmund just at the end of the half, hopefully Malaga can hang on in there and not concede another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dortmund nearly Dummkopf!

Shocking case of stage fright, it took the goal to wake them up. Probably should be 1-2 down with that free kick. This looks like going right to the wire, pity about Abbott and Costello on commentary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

rising-tifo.gif

thats quality.

and possibly posted already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

While I like Jeff Stelling on Gillette Soccer Saturday, he's just not suited to hosting full matches. It's awkward viewing...

• Advertisement

Some save. Should have scored though.

****, ****, ****. Great save, but really should have scored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Just how fit is Hummels ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

what a save but should have scored

Bender is threading a thin line, could have easily picked up a second yellow just before that chance and the handball earlier.

• Advertisement
Advertisement