Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Malaga v Borussia Dortmund

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

defo offside when ball game in but i presume the player in the goal negates the second offside for the winning goal...

bit like the dutch goal against italy in euro 2008

edit: or do you need two defenders defending players to be played onside ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

RuggieBear wrote: »
    defo offside when ball game in but i presume the player in the goal negates the second offside for the winning goal...

He doesn't because Santana was standing beyond the goalkeeper. To be onside there must be 2 players between the attacker and the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

blueser wrote: »
    Is that clear enough for you? Just the four of them offside.
    You're right, but i would hope that comment was tongue in cheek...
    RuggieBear wrote: »

edit: or do you need two defenders to be played onside ?
    two players - he was off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The Malaga President isn't happy.
    Abdullah N Al Thani ‏@ANAALThani 9m
    This is not football, but racism and clear of all
    Abdullah N Al Thani ‏@ANAALThani 11m
    I hope to open a thorough investigation UEFA regarding the Spanish club out this way

Which does not affect the spirit of sport

https://twitter.com/ANAALThani

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

racism?

i would just say the referee and linesmen were shyt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Al Capwned wrote: »
    You're right, but i would hope that comment was tongue in cheek...
    It was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Aidric wrote: »

Public relations rule number 1:

Stay off twitter when you're angry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

oVU7C8pl.jpg
    Is that clear enough for you? Just the four of them offside.

Wow, saw the man who scored offside at the end but not this. Felt for Malaga

two offside goals, but one in the last minute gives you no time to come back.

thought it was poor defending but from that pic its great defending let down by the officials

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Off the Germans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Wow, saw the man who scored offside at the end but not this. Felt for Malaga

two offside goals, but one in the last minute gives you no time to come back.

thought it was poor defending but from that pic its great defending let down by the officials

Spotted that immediately. How did the officials not see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

wait a minute......

his name is Anal?

simpsons-nelson-ha-ha--93-p.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

oVU7C8pl.jpg

Its not just the offside, that Malaga player is never 10 yards back from the free kick.

Poor officials.

Thrill wrote: »
    Its not just the offside, that Malaga player is never 10 yards back from the free kick.

Poor officials.
    It wasn't a free kick. I've just watched it again (thanks Sky Plus!), and the Dortmund player there has just received the ball from a throw in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

It wasn't a free kick. I've just watched it again (thanks Sky Plus!), and the Dortmund player there has just received the ball from a throw in.

Yeah, I only saw a few replays myself. Looked like two clear offsides from what I saw. One for either side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Haha, racism!
    Sit on it, rich boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

elefant wrote: »
    wait a minute......

his name is Anal?

simpsons-nelson-ha-ha--93-p.jpg

I picture you as a 10 year old boy, am I correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

darced wrote: »
    Looked as if they would let anything go as long as Dortmund scored a winner,shocking stuff.

What rubbish you are spouting. They could have easily disallowed Malaga's second goal if there was some conspiracy going on and they wouldn't have any backlash as it was offside.
    It was just poor officiating for both teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No conspiracy.

Just bad officiating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I was absolutely gutted for Pellegrini and Malaga but fair play to Dortmund.

Lets just forget about the offsides now, games over and nothing can be done about. Congrats Dortmund, make the most of the breaks you got in that game and go on and win the thing now. They are definitely talented enough.

I'm spouting rubbish because I said it looked like they would let anything go in a goal which included a player 3 yards from the ball when the free was taken and a total of 5 players offside.

It's your bedtime kid,jog on.

Maybe you should stick on your air max classics and do a bit of jogging on yourself...
    Looked like a fix there to me if I'm honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

There were two, and possibly even three clear instances of an offside in the Dortmund goal, however to be fair Malaga's goal was also offside (imagine how Eliseu would have felt if the officials had whistled!).

Malaga's president can go fcuk himself to be honest. He doesn't care at all about the club, has used it to further his own business interests, and has basically disappeared bar for popping up around the time of the odd CL match.

The sad thing for Malaga is that they will almost certainly never be back in the tournament, let alone at this late stage of it. Hopefully in time they will look back on it as a positive, and not dwell on what might have been or harbour any ambitions of returning to this level.

Quit trawling the internet looking for a row I'm not interested,sorry to disappoint you kiddo.
    Guess I win that "row" so.

It wasn't a free kick (assuming it's the winning Dortmund goal you're talking about). The Dortmund player in possession and about to cross the ball had just received it from a throw in (I've checked it on Skyplus). So; in that case, yes. You are spouting rubbish. Also; four players offside, not 5. Look at the picture again;

oVU7C8pl.jpg

My mistake on the defender,yours on the offsides for the goal watch the goal again and get back to me.

What are you compo's back up?leave it out.
    This is a discussion board. If you want to post controversial, stupid or plain wrong opinions, don't go crying that someone's looking for a row when you're challenged on it.

I see four. The player who eventually put the ball in was also offside, but not at that stage of the attack. Who and where, is the fifth player? If you can show it to me, I will gladly hold up my hands and admit I was wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Stop the sniping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

great interview and Jurgen Klopps reaction at 1:13 is priceless

what a character......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

"Hahaha...what?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Santana was offside when he scored the winning goal. There can't even be a debate about that. It's clear as day in all the replays.

That's without even mentioning the offside in the build up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Gotze needs a few hours on the training ground with his finishing after those 2 legs.

As I said, you can't count players who were offside at diffferent stages (4 +1) as being 5 players offside. That sort of massaging of statistics belongs in the Dail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Dream Semi Final :

Real v Barca
    Bayern v Dortmund

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Not for me,

Dortmund v Barca
    Bayern v Real

Classico final, Madrid winners, Ronaldo with a 90th minute winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Not for me,

Dortmund v Barca
    Bayern v Real

Classico final, Madrid winners, Ronaldo with a 90th minute winner.

Which comes while a Barca player is rolling around on the ground feigning injury and them all screaming for the ball to be put out of play.

One can but dream...

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

MalagaGR_1365536442.jpg

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Justice. What a ****ing big balls performance. Dortmund and their hype ****ed out. Brilliant.
    Moneymaker wrote: »
    Yet another German side chokes in a major game.

Germany are the new Spain.

Or not!

BHcFXnOCMAElA6k.jpg:large

Reading back on the thread for the first time, let me just say I didn't think my grin this morning could get any bigger but thanks to the above, it certainly is. Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Would like to see

Barca Vs Bayern (Assuming Bayern wins against PSG)
    Madrid Vs Dortmund.

Bayern are very impressive this season so there can't be a better test than Barca.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

On a serious note, Dortmund cap off for a moment. Somewhat saddened for the likes of Toulalan, Joaquin, Caballero and Pellegrini. Caballero certainly didn't deserve to be on the losing side. Would add Isco but for the fact he'll be competing for the Champions League trophy for years to come, more than likely with another club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Caballero has been in excellent form for Malaga in Europe and La Liga TBF.

Barca are favourties tongiht with their away goals, if tonights game are half as entertaining as last nights it will be a great night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

The famous final four minutes on a local radio station, you don't need to speak German, to understand how much this win means to Dortmund :)

http://www.radio912.de/topslider/art372,627540

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Fantastic game last night & delighted for Dortmund , they've been outstanding this season and deserve to be in the Semi final , would love to see a Bayern vs Dortmund final. Dortmund to play Barca in the semi would be a great game , possesion based side against a side with the quick countering quality of Dortmund would be amazing. I've said it since last year that of all games I'd like to see it's that one , I think Barca would really struggle with them.

I think fair was fair last night , Malaga shouldn't have been awarded their second goal and Dortmund shouldn't have got the third that still would make it 2-1 so Malaga should have no complaints.

On the negative side from last night , Gotze missed a couple of sitters as he does seem to do a bit too often and needs to work on his finishing , it's the one side of his game that lets him down which is why I think Reus is the better of the two right now.

Hummels needs to get back into the 11 and stay fit for the Semi's , Santana did well but I think Subotic suffers without Hummels , his consentration went waining more than once in the game and he was lucky Malaga didn't take more advantage of his mistakes.

Sahin is starting to settle back in , would like to see him hit some form and push on into the starting 11 maybe even with Gundogan!

Come on BVB!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

As Willem Van Hanegem once said: "You are only sure you have won against Germans when they are back in the bus."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

inforfun wrote: »
    As Willem Van Hanegem once said: "You are only sure you have won against Germans when they are back in the bus."

As a famous German football chant goes 'Ohne Holland fahrn wir zur WM' (=without the Dutch we are going to the World Championchips)

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Advertisement
Advertisement