Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney shuts down Lucasarts

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Sarky wrote: »
    Don't think I've bought anything from Lucasarts since Afterlife. Too many crappy jedi games, not enough Grim Fandangos.

I find your lack of faith disturbing!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd say we'll still see 1313 anyway, unless what we saw of it was the only part of the game even remotely complete. If it's anywhere decently along in development, it would be stupid to just can it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Kiith wrote: »
    I'd say we'll still see 1313 anyway, unless what we saw of it was the only part of the game even remotely complete. If it's anywhere decently along in development, it would be stupid to just can it.

Kotakue are reporting its very unlikely, which as you say is pretty stupid on disneys part, there was alot of hype and excitement around that game and to kill it like that is just bizarre

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Am I the only one that thought 1313 looked awful?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Considering how long its been since Lucasarts have released an ok never mind good game, this news dosen't really bother me that much.

The glory days of Monkey Island, Tie Fighter, Full Throttle and Loom are long gone imho.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Yes :D

I dunno, but it was a Star Wars game that looked, at least from a graphical point of view, amazing. I think most people just hoped that it would live up to the potential a proper Star Wars game should be like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i thought the 1313 demo looked very uncharted/ mass effect not thats its a bad thing but again it looks like a game again i played before.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

Recent webcomic on the issue :)

2c87ac914d0e1b51a6aba760e1036c45650280c9.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Graphically it looked well, but I'd never buy a game like that, Gears of War did a good job 6 or 7 years ago with that kind of game and I doubt they'll blow us away with a Star Wars clone of GoW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Hey Disney, do you know what the kids like.....shooters.

Make a Republic Commando 2 and call it Imperial Commando

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Looks like the Star Wars game license is now with EA
    Electronic Arts gets exclusive deal to develop 'Star Wars' video games, takes the helm from LucasArts

The future of Star Wars video games was uncertain following Disney's decision to shutter LucasArts, but now the company has announced that it has signed an exclusive, multi-year deal with Electronic Arts to develop games based off the franchise. Game developers DICE, Visceral, and Bioware will work on titles that are based in the Star Wars universe (the latter has already published games like Star Wars: The Old Republic). EA's Frank Gibeaua said in a press release that the games will be "entirely original with all new stories and gameplay," though they "may borrow from films." The deal doesn't give EA complete control over all Star Wars video game titles, however: Disney will hold onto the right to develop and publish titles in the "mobile, social, tablet and online game categories." It's not clear if EA will pick up on any of the work that LucasArts was doing before it was shut down last month, including Star Wars 1313.
    http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/6/4306040/electronic-arts-gets-exclusive-deal-to-develop-star-wars-video-games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Chinpool wrote: »
    Looks like the Star Wars game license is now with EA

Blue Lightsaber - Free
    Purple Lightsaber - €2

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Star Wars built by DICE on Frostbite 3. Yip ill have some of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Chinpool wrote: »

Any hope that the shutting down of Lucasarts was a good thing has now been crushed.

Where's the Darth Vader noooooo! when you need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Star Wars built by DICE on Frostbite 3. Yip ill have some of that.

Battlefront 3 !!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

KOTOR 3, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Pushtrak wrote: »
    KOTOR 3, please.

They can even get Bioware to work on it, if only this were the universe with the good EA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Pushtrak wrote: »
    KOTOR 3, please.

I'd say they'll just bring out more Old Republic expansions rather than a new game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Varik wrote: »
    I'd say they'll just bring out more Old Republic expansions rather than a new game.

Please god no. Some of us are of the opinion that MMO's are a complete scourge on gaming... well just me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Grimebox wrote: »
    Please god no. Some of us are of the opinion that MMO's are a complete scourge on gaming... well just me

He was probably referring to KOTOR.

• Advertisement
Advertisement