Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sent money online via bank transfer. problem

Options
  • 03-04-2013 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

I sent money to someone in Ireland for 50 euros. Im with aib.i sent it last friday evening. Hes with boi. Hes saying he hasnt received it yet. Is he scamming me or is there an unusually long wait tranfersing between banks. Have i a leg to stand on if he says he didnt "receive" it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

there has only been 2 working days (tues + today) from when you sent it. personally i would give it another day and see if he has it by tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

bazery wrote: »
    I sent money to someone in Ireland for 50 euros. Im with aib.i sent it last friday evening. Hes with boi. Hes saying he hasnt received it yet. Is he scamming me or is there an unusually long wait tranfersing between banks. Have i a leg to stand on if he says he didnt "receive" it

Friday and Monday were Bank Holidays, so you did not really send the money till Tuesday, there was a media report that some banks (AIB included) had issues after Easter with batch processsing, so you might not have actually sent the money till yesterday.

I know a few people whoes wages are late this week, which might be related.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

Friday and Monday were Bank Holidays, so you did not really send the money till Tuesday, there was a media report that some banks (AIB included) had issues after Easter with batch processsing, so you might not have actually sent the money till yesterday.

I know a few people whoes wages are late this week, which might be related.

Thanks.the guy is saying he still hasnt gotten it.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

bazery wrote: »
    Thanks.the guy is saying he still hasnt gotten it.

He got it, i think the fact that he was being a prick didn't help. Thanks lads.

Advertisement