Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piano lessons in limerick?

• 03-04-2013 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,

I'm looking to take up piano lessons but I'm having a hard time finding any that aren't exclusively for children. Any one know where one might find piano lessons in Limerick (and won't break the bank)?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Dont know aboout pricing but have a look here:

http://www.peterdeeacademy.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bamblam

thanks for the link, lack of pricing is odd but I'll check them out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

If you want inexpensive, that's the last place I'd recommend. My son was there for guitar. The fees are astronomical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Try The Limerick School of Music on Mulgrave St. They welcome beginners. If you are not keen on learning to exam standard I am sure they would be able to recommend a past pupil or an advanced pupil who could start you on the basics and see how you go.

LB6 wrote: »
    If you want inexpensive, that's the last place I'd recommend. My son was there for guitar. The fees are astronomical.

agreed! I rang them, and my jaw hit the floor :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 only18

Maybe put up an ad or check for posters advertising lessons in UL (music building) or MIC (they too have a music department)... they are often full of qualified and talented students willing to teach for lower prices. Just ask what grade they have first it will give you an idea of their level of skill..

thats actually a really good idea, cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Limerick Academy of Performing Arts (Mungret)

The Old Stables, Mungret College Mungret Co. Limerick

(061)228484

You could also try here.

Def not as dear as Peter D's!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

The Limerick School of Music as mentioned above is the place to try. My daughter goes their for the last number of years. Fees aren't that bad either.

A lot of children, but their is a mix of older people as well. My daughter said that their are 4 adults out of 20 ish in her theory class.

You are never too old :)

Advertisement