Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know where i can buy a Launchpad by Novation

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 Darkwarriorcok

musicmaker in town

xmusic near red cow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

DJBox.ie in Tallaght. They'll even let you demo it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I got mine last year in xmusic anyway. Prices should be dropping on these as the new Launchpad is out any day now.

old gregg wrote: »
    I got mine last year in xmusic anyway. Prices should be dropping on these as the new Launchpad is out any day now.

The Ableton Push? Don't think you'll see that before summer's end anyway. Demand is massive.

• Advertisement

ironclaw wrote: »
    The Ableton Push? Don't think you'll see that before summer's end anyway. Demand is massive.

Nope, it's the new Launchpad S. http://global.novationmusic.com/midi-controllers-digital-dj/launchpad-s

Ah interesting! Would I be right in saying its pretty much the same thing but 'brighter buttons'? And it can interface with some other hardware. Personally I'm waiting for the Push. I've always wanted a LaunchPad with rotaries.

ironclaw wrote: »
    Ah interesting! Would I be right in saying its pretty much the same thing but 'brighter buttons'? And it can interface with some other hardware. Personally I'm waiting for the Push. I've always wanted a LaunchPad with rotaries.

Not sure what it has to offer beyond the current version. I have to say, have been using a Launchpad alongside an AKAI MPK25 recently and the combination works beautifully for me. Knobs, keys and buttons and no conflicts.

Not sure what it has to offer beyond the current version. I have to say, have been using a Launchpad alongside an AKAI MPK25 recently and the combination works beautifully for me. Knobs, keys and buttons and no conflicts.

What I want is the likes of the FaderFox 4Trigger (http://4midiloop.bassdas.ch/en/) but the price is off the wall. I considered the APC40 and its still in the back of my mind. But I like the size of the launchPad tiles. If they did a version in the 4Trigger format, few knobs and a fader or two I'd buy it.

That 4Trigger looks a serious bit of kit. Never used an APC myself, I suppose mostly cos am performing live and like the idea of keys so I can improv and do stuff on the fly.

yea the launchpad buttons are a nice size and have a decent feel about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭smck99

I haven't had any use for my launchpad in quite some time. Great fun and nice intuitive workflow but has just gathering dust unfortunately as I can't fit it into my setup :/

PM me if you'd be interested in picking one up second hand. Little use, boxed with Novation padded case.

Advertisement