Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trim development plan???

Options
  • 03-04-2013 8:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. I've never heard of the Trim Development Plan, but I was told today that they're demolishing the Post Office and building a new "town centre" up near that new coliseum looking building, they're putting a multi-storey carpark at Supervalu, and that there's an Aldi going across from Griffins! WTF like? I just happened to be over in the shopping centre in Navan today aswell, so I called in to the planning offices to see if there was any maps of this new Trim Development Plan, and I was told that there was indeed a plan, but they couldn't say what was in it because it wasn't finalised! They also couldn't provide me with a map of all this! Does anyone know if any of this is true, and where could a person actually find out officially what the F really is going on?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Ask your local councillor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

That was a plan that was in place a few years ago. I dont think it's a runner considering the state of the countries finances, banks not lending and 75% of businesses in Trim barely getting by.

Was it the Meath Co Council offices or Trim Urban council offices you called into? I reckon that they are not giving out information on that old plan as it is so different from any plan that will come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

here we go with those rumours again . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

the first google search result for "Trim Development Plan"

http://www.meath.ie/CountyCouncil/Publications/PlanningandDevelopmentPublications/TrimElectoralAreaPlanningPublications/TrimDevelopmentPlan2008-2014/

2008 - 2014 currently in force - not quite the third secret :pac:

Such plans make very interesting reading. In particular look at the LAND USE ZONING OBJECTIVES map. That kinda encapsulates it. New roads and all for us (woot, go us Trim residents!). Look up the County Development plan too which will go outside of the town/urban boundary to see what may be permitted to happen there.

The development plan sets out broad developmental objectives. So where you say:
    I was told today that they're demolishing the Post Office and building a new "town centre" up near that new coliseum looking building,

When you look at the Zoning Objectives, if I am correctly reading the colour code at the Post Office building, it says:
    B2 - To provide for major new town centre activities in accordance with approved action area plans and subject to the provision of necessary physical infrastructure.

Bingo! It's a match.

But.... that doesn't mean that anything is or will happen on the particular site now or ever. It could, but it being in the plan only sets out the possibilities of that kind of development happening on the site as per the objective agreed by the Council.

Keep an eye to the planning lists (received, due, and made) to see whats going on in your area. Lots of other useful / interesting searches can be conducted there too for historical stuff. Mind you, there's not a terrible amount of activity at the present time - recession, property market, etc.., etc..

The inclusion or exclusion of areas in such a plan can and will bear heavily on subsequent planning applications. For example, if you buy a field in the middle of the countryside and think you're grand for building a one off house, the immediate hurdle may be that the land isn't zoned residential in the development plan (more likely agricultural) and thus you most likely would be refused permission. (accepting local needs arrangements, variations to the plans, etc... which are mechanisms intended to bring a sense of reason to genuine exceptions to such plans)

There's a new Development Plan for Trim at drafting stage at the moment but you've missed the boat - submissions closed back in January. Darn it, we'll just have to wait for a Simpson & Co Nuclear Facility off the ring road until next time around. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭maco12

theres no money......................that's the political line...........even though at the local elections, there wont be any expense spared on posters!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

What's the story with Lidl ? I thought they were just attaching the bakery to the side like they have in Navan - but it looks like the whole store is being extended ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

greendom wrote: »
    What's the story with Lidl ? I thought they were just attaching the bakery to the side like they have in Navan - but it looks like the whole store is being extended ?

Probably a bit of both, the bakery is going on anyway but they might be adding some more room as well - the car park has enough space I reckon.

Seeing as we don't seem to be getting another alternative to the Supervalu monopoly, I don't think it's a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

PauloMN wrote: »
    Probably a bit of both, the bakery is going on anyway but they might be adding some more room as well - the car park has enough space I reckon.

Seeing as we don't seem to be getting another alternative to the Supervalu monopoly, I don't think it's a bad thing.

I'm not complaining - was just surprised when I saw the size of the works

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭maco12

need more competition!

Advertisement