Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Cancelation

Options
  • 03-04-2013 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Sorry if im in the wrong area but here goes, as most know we need an active phone line to get broadband in so i have just purchased eircom ngb as there seemed to be no other way around it, now the only thing is that after doing a bit more browsing i found that eircom maybe not such a good idea, i wish to change to another provider and was wondering how to go about it, the only legal the the sales rep said to me was that there is a 12 month contract and a cancellation fee if done before that, any ideas would be super

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

As far as I know, if it's within 14 days (or possibly seven, I'm not too knowledgeable on this) of signing the contract, you can cancel without penalty under the 'cooling off' period.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭jordo76

thanks Esoteric

i never signed a contract yet and the more i think of the phone call the more i wonder about the whole process, the girl on the other end seemed more pre occupied with trying to get home even told me ill give you this number and if you get a call in a couple of days telling me that there was a different number not to worry 0_o like wtf parden my french these people are supposed to be professionals I'm in the cooling off period as i only ordered today but if i cancel can i go and get it form another provider or will eircom deactivate the line as well ?? i want to till get the phone as well as the broadband

thanks again guys

jordo76

ps rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭hughowen

Eircom are no worse or better than ,say, Vodafone.
    All any of them want from you is a contract and tie you in for 12 months.
    For every bad thing you have heard about Eircom, there are the same amount of bad things for the others like Vodafone or whoever, it's just you haven't heard them. Checkout the Eircom and Vodafone and whoever you are thinking of going with on the boards.ie chat sections and you will get the idea.
    I have been with both and have had problems in both joining and leaving among other problems..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Eircom are fine. As good as any other DSL provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Eircom are fine. As good as any other DSL provider.

The only thing I will say is that all of the other fixed line providers like Vodafone etc will be using Eircom for at least the last mile. This means that if you have a problem and the issue is on the Eircom part of the circuit it will take longer to troubleshoot and resolve. Also I don't think Eircom provide the same access to engineers from their retail business for their wholesale partners, I think there's a smaller team there specifically for wholesale.

Other options may be imagine but their wireless isn't great as it has relatively high latency. UPC IMO is probably the best consumer broadband in the country but with Eircom FTTC rapidly being rolled out I think this will be levelled out a bit. Especially when Eircom begin to resell to third parties. UPC is also very limited to specific localities due to their cabling rollout. I also think Eircom FTTC may help the UPC rollout as I suspect UPC will rent fibre from Eircom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 TamTaRam

The cooling-off period is 7 working days :)

I 've been with Eircom for over 12 months and I'm happy as I never had any problems with them, although their plans/packages are more expensive than of other broadband providers.

Advertisement