Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Na Fianna patch

• 03-04-2013 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭

How do i become a member of the iaa and how do go about getting a ''na Fianna ''patch also do I need to be a member to get this patch as I have recently played abroad with our team and would really love one

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

to join the IAA head over to their website and click membership. you can apply online for membership. as for the patch I haven't a clue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Just fire off an email to info@irishairsoft.ie to enquire about the Na Fianna patches. The handover of the IAA to the new committee is not quite yet complete (as far as I know), so there may be a slightly longer delay in getting back to you but they'll look after you!

It's well worth joining - it only costs a tenner, and you are showing support to a group of volunteers that are there should you (or indeed anyone) need them! They have assisted in many peoples concerns with traveling abroad, or where items have been held up in customs etc. The way I personally look at it is that it costs no more than a bag of BB's, so why not!

If ever you want to contact them, you can reach them through any of their official channels (which you can see here) - Boards.ie is not one of them, so as such it will never be as fast as getting in touch with them directly!

PS: As far as I remember you do not need to be a member to receive the Na Fianna patch, but I am not 100% sure on that. Best off asking them yourself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭d.one

Thanks mate really appreciate the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

The Na Fianna patch was given to players who travelled to foreign events such as at Copehill Down and Sennybridge in the UK.

Been there that's why I'm asking will wear it with pride :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

The "Na Fianna" moniker was created by me when a handful of players travelled to Berget 6 in Sweden so we could all book under the same "team" name for want of a better description.

The following year it was used again with a far larger contingent, coming from both north & south of the border. Someone (kdouglas I think) made patches, and the idea just stuck around thereafter.

So, you do not need to be a member of anything to get one.

Lemming wrote: »
    The "Na Fianna" moniker was created by me when a handful of players travelled to Berget 6 in Sweden so we could all book under the same "team" name for want of a better description.

The following year it was used again with a far larger contingent, coming from both north & south of the border. Someone (kdouglas I think) made patches, and the idea just stuck around thereafter.

So, you do not need to be a member of anything to get one.

Thanks for your help ,So where can I get my hands on them ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

d.one wrote: »
    Thanks for your help ,So where can I get my hands on them ?

I'm not sure to be honest any more. Hopefully someone who does know will chip in on this topic round about now.

Lemming wrote: »
    I'm not sure to be honest any more. Hopefully someone who does know will chip in on this topic round about now.

Sound thanks hopelly so:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭The_ChiefDUB

Like any query for the IAA you'll need to contact them. Email them at info@irishairsoft.ie

• Advertisement

Like any query for the IAA you'll need to contact them. Email them at info@irishairsoft.ie

Did that no reply yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

if u know what the patch is like contact gs embroidery on facebook and he'll do it for u i got some patches off him the other day he does good work and not expencive pm me and i'll give u his no if u want

brenak47 wrote: »
    if u know what the patch is like contact gs embroidery on facebook and he'll do it for u i got some patches off him the other day he does good work and not expencive pm me and i'll give u his no if u want

That's cool thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Alane23

As far as I'm aware the new committee will be dealing with the issuing of Na Fianna Patches for anyone that has been abroad very soon.

Alane23 wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware the new committee will be dealing with the issuing of Na Fianna Patches for anyone that has been abroad very soon.

I was told by a friend the old committee were sorting it but never happened must have fell through the cracks on the change over

just got some great news from friends of mine the new iaa commit y are indeed on the ball and are in the process of issuing patches to my friends and i, thanks to everyone that helped

Advertisement