Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are the jobs in Navan?

Options
  • 03-04-2013 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭

Are there any jobs to be found in Navan or the surrounding area? Theres a similar thread in the Dublin forum so thought it might help. I am losing the will to live with handing CV's around so thought it might help if anyone knows of any jobs going or seen any ads in windows to post them here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Very few, what industry was here has been starved out, little or no support etc, I spoke to a councillor about it a few years back and he seemed delighted said it was part of the county development plan that Navan became a 'domicile commuter' town, have to say I was disgusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

bladespin wrote: »
    Very few, what industry was here has been starved out, little or no support etc, I spoke to a councillor about it a few years back and he seemed delighted said it was part of the county development plan that Navan became a 'domicile commuter' town, have to say I was disgusted.

WTF, that is outrageous. so essentially you are expected to commute into Dublin everyday at about 20e return in order to work? Bonkers.

Mince Pie wrote: »
    WTF, that is outrageous. so essentially you are expected to commute into Dublin everyday at about 20e return in order to work? Bonkers.

That was pretty much exactly what I said, he looked at me like I had two heads, seemed a lot more interested in house building that anything else (this was after house prices started to tumble), said that with the 'lovely' new motorway and the rail link (was going ahead at the time), this was exactly what people should be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

:D theres more dubs in navan than natives sure ashbourne has an 01 prefix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Johnstown is like Finglas these days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Johnostown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Are there any jobs to be found in Navan or the surrounding area? Theres a similar thread in the Dublin forum so thought it might help. I am losing the will to live with handing CV's around so thought it might help if anyone knows of any jobs going or seen any ads in windows to post them here?

No. I've tried almost everywhere myself and failed

Better crack working for myself until I graduate!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Become a TD, or get involved with drugs and gangsters.
    Theres a lot in Navan.
    Come to think of it, being a TD is like a legal gangster anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭maco12

2 of my buddies got jobs through Irishjobs.ie, and as they put it, wouldn't be their first choice, but just cashflow till something hopefully appears!

Abe and louis restaurant Virginia .......not far from kells looking for a sous chef

"Due to the departure of our fantastic souz chef magic, Abe Louis are currently looking out for a souz chef wit a passion for food to join our team! If this is you, then mail us on this page or call on 0498543470 to arrange an interview! We would also like to take this opportunity to thank magic for his services throughout the last 7months and would like to wish him the best of luck in is new venture!
    Thank you"

To get the ball rolling

• Advertisement

they say hard work never killed anyone.. but a friend of mine reckons why risk it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭kristian12

I know the frustration my son walked around Navan, Kells and Virginia yesterday and handed out hundreds of CVs and 99% of the places weren't interested in taking them let alone reading them. One place actually told him they'd rather employ an older man with kids as they could be sure to turn up for work, talk about prejudging the kids trying to work not just sitting on asses all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

kristian12 wrote: »
    I know the frustration my son walked around Navan, Kells and Virginia yesterday and handed out hundreds of CVs and 99% of the places weren't interested in taking them let alone reading them. One place actually told him they'd rather employ an older man with kids as they could be sure to turn up for work, talk about prejudging the kids trying to work not just sitting on asses all day.

I think they tell you you've too much experience as well. Damned if you do, isn't it.
    I would say be wary of people calling him in for a trial period. I did two days work and never got paid for it. Have a feeling that its a bit of a con to get people to come in and work for free over busy periods. :(

internship aint much better,

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭kristian12

I think they tell you you've too much experience as well. Damned if you do, isn't it.
    I would say be wary of people calling him in for a trial period. I did two days work and never got paid for it. Have a feeling that its a bit of a con to get people to come in and work for free over busy periods. :(

Thats really unfair on you and others :mad:

internships are a con job!

maco12 wrote: »
    internships are a con job!

Some are, some not but how a company can offer an internship for a general operative is beyond me. :confused:

Wow ....the local paper has more jobs than this thread :D

Advertisement