Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convince me to buy this revolver.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Its spotless and will only increase in value , buy it !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

More guns.

Nuff said.

:D

Buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it ..........................................

That enough or do you need more?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

What concerns me is that it is claimed to be a transfer gun,but there doesnt seem to be any backup paperwork or proof that it is???:confused:

Any paperwork to backup the claim that it was transferred to the Irish army or Gardai??
    Or any way to verify that claim by the seller??If yes, lets see it and include it in the price and its worth it.
    If not,its a grand for a very nice old revolver that isnt anything special.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    What concerns me is that it is claimed to be a transfer gun,but there doesnt seem to be any backup paperwork or proof that it is???:confused:

Any paperwork to backup the claim that it was transferred to the Irish army or Gardai??
    Or any way to verify that claim by the seller??If yes, lets see it and include it in the price and its worth it.
    If not,its a grand for a very nice old revolver that isnt anything special.

most of these webleys were shave to accept 45 ACP on moon clips, ones in 455 caliber are rare and about $1000 in this condition, I have concerns about the provenance, but feel it may be worth the gamble at $1300.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Beaut, but its a centerfire pistol, no licence been granted for centerfire pistols.

• Advertisement

Beaut, but its a centerfire pistol, no licence been granted for centerfire pistols.

He is lucky enough to live in the usa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

rowa wrote: »
    He is lucky enough to live in the usa.

In that case buy buy buy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Picture 5 is there a mark to the left hand side if the nut.

Trigger on them is suppose to be a monster but fun to shoot. If the history checked out I would by it in a heart beat. Noting like a bit of history you never know who the gun dropped. But the history has to check out.

Picture 5 is there a mark to the left hand side if the nut.

Trigger on them is suppose to be a monster but fun to shoot. If the history checked out I would by it in a heart beat. Noting like a bit of history you never know who the gun dropped. But the history has to check out.

I have one in .22lr and the trigger is one of the best i have ever used on any firearm. webley was never really big enough to go fully mechanised , this lead to a lot of hand fitting and finishing and it really shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Is the 22 as old as the one for sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

;) Ask if its been re-blued - I doubt any firearm should be looking that good after nearly a 100 years. If so,its knocked $$$$ off the value - collectors generally prefer original condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

So I this is what I could dig up about it being ex-Irish Army:

Chamberlain & Taylerson, "Revolvers of the British Services, 1854-1954," (Museum Restoration Service 1989), say at 70: "Some pistols in the post-service range have had their original numbers scribed through and an N prefixed new number applied. These are likely ex-Irish armed services."

This revolver seems to match the above.
    I think I'll bite.

Advertisement