Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of paint ( colourtrend)

Options
  • 03-04-2013 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi, hoping to complete our 2800 sq ft new build in next 9 weeks. Almost ready to paint and have a painter lined up. I will be supplying the paint. Looks like we will have 3 wall coats, 2 ceiling coats and 3 to woodwork. We are keeping things very simple on the colour scheme, some sort of off white throughout. Anyone know roughly how much more it costs to use colour trend over say dulux etc? I'm told some of the costs are offset by needing less paint but not convinced tbh. I don't have the exact painting dimensions but it is more the relative comparison I am interested in. Is colortrend 2x more expensive overall? 3x? The external walls are block with a skim prior to plaster.

Also, anyone have an opinion on spraying v rolling v brushwork?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

markc wrote: »
    Hi, hoping to complete our 2800 sq ft new build in next 9 weeks. Almost ready to paint and have a painter lined up. I will be supplying the paint. Looks like we will have 3 wall coats, 2 ceiling coats and 3 to woodwork. We are keeping things very simple on the colour scheme, some sort of off white throughout. Anyone know roughly how much more it costs to use colour trend over say dulux etc? I'm told some of the costs are offset by needing less paint but not convinced tbh. I don't have the exact painting dimensions but it is more the relative comparison I am interested in. Is colortrend 2x more expensive overall? 3x? The external walls are block with a skim prior to plaster.

Also, anyone have an opinion on spraying v rolling v brushwork?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

You should not need to give the walls 3 coats to finish them if your going off white.

Spraying is fine for finishing ceilings or first coating walls. Its not recommended for finishing walls as you cannot touch it up afterwards.

Also need to factor in if the flooring is down, it could get messy spraying.

If you can afford it go with colortrend, its much better quality than dulux.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭byrybak

Colortrend 10l costs 82euro with trade discount, dulux 10l costs €42.
    U will need less paint with colortrend but I won't be that much of difference.
    Colortrend is washable , dulux is not unless u ask for easycare but then 10l of easycare will cost u €70.

Advertisement