Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panda bin and waste service

Options
  • 03-04-2013 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all who read,

What on earth is going on with Panda, in Fingal? Who can someone complain too that is not Panda? Who oversees them? How did the monopoly commission let this happen?

Issues we have had:

- Reduction in collections, without reduction in pricing.
    - Increases in pricing without notice or agreement, written or otherwise.
    - Fail to collect bins without reason. Until you call them. Then you find maybe you missed an email, a singe payment. But they don’t tell you or remind you. They just leave your waste by the road.
    - Charge you to replace bins that have been damaged by use only. Had a crack where the bin bounces on the lift when they empty it. Wear and tear. But was asked to pay for replacement. 1. Their T&C state the bins are their property, so they are responsible are they not? 2. We did not agree to pay for replacement when we heard there was a charge, but they came and replaced it anyway. Remember, we did not say OK to paying for a replacement. Then replacement charge went on bill, WITHOUT agreement. And when we didn’t pay that bill guess what? Bin was not emptied. AND again we were not notified.
    - Now bin was not emptied once again. Of course we were not contacted. Email was checked, no email bill missed, none received. We called them again. They say there is a problem with the tag. They say truck could not lift it because of problem with THEIR tag. They say we have not been charged for lift by weight either??????? Again, we had NO NOTICE of price change or changes to charging structure. We had no idea we were now expected to pay by weight. When did that change?

Seriously. Panda are just doing anything they want when they want and to hell with the customer. No normal business practices are followed. No notification of changes to T&C’s. No changes to T&C’s on web site. No warning that bin will not be emptied. No coming back to empty when they are at fault. No, no no, nothing until you call them and then they tell you the new rules and charges they have made up. And there is nothing you can do.

Anybody? Please. What recourse do we have with this shameful monopoly in Fingal? I do not want to, I can not, let this go. It can’t be legal, can it?

Thanks for reading. I understand I may be on the line with the forum rules with this post but I do hope it is not deemed over the line. Because the problem is even bigger if this can’t be highlighted.

Greeb

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

This is more a consumer issue so I think you're more likely to get helpful replies here.
    Moved from Dublin County North.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 crevit

I had an upaid bill to settle with Panda for 100 euro going back to a black bin I had collected in 2010! I needed my brown bin collected because the lorry had refused to lift it - the conversation with Panda went as follows; Are you charging me the full 60 euro service charge for one lift in 2010 - to which the lady replied yes - I said to her I had not used the black bin since and what would happen if I got rid of it altogether - she put me on hold to check and came back and said that if I got rid of the black bin the service charge for the green bin alone would be 80 Euro!!!!!! 20 Euro more!

My reply to her is that Panda's slogan of that they are an animal for reclying is rubbish!! So basically I have to continue paying 60 Euro a year for my green bin to be collected and another 20 Euro for the rental of the brown bin.

Advertisement