Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star King all-u-can-eat closed still? [Now reopen as Bodkin Point]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

T minus 5 hours. Woooooo...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭squonk

T minus 5 hours. Woooooo...

LOL, Can't hold a good man back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'll be there too and we can see if we both get sick lol.

What time are ye heading in Biko & Redhairedguy? Could do a mini boards meetup :)

Meeting there at 6pm

• Advertisement

Might get down there for 6:30-6:45 myself.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Jealous, I have gym and iron man to get in yet so doubt i'd make it :P

Are you heading in as a group Biko, Redhairedguy? Have no idea what boardsies look like, though redhairedguy sounds easy to spot for some reason :)

Arses. Shít. And rats cócks.

Sign outside says 'Open next Sunday 28th'.

I am mega disappoint (and hungry). :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Shiiiiiite, that's unfortunate

• Advertisement

Bugger! Thanks for the heads up Redhairedguy. Will have to get my soak age elsewhere so!

I'm close to tears with hunger and disappointment. Sitting in a Chinese restaurant at the moment, sighing into my menu. :(

Opening on 25th April
    You are in BIG trouble :mad:

We'll try again next week RHG :sad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Was talking to one of the girls that will be working there, she said that not all the food that they ordered had arrived and they didn't want to open without everything being perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

biko wrote: »
    You are in BIG trouble :mad:

We'll try again next week RHG :sad:

oops. Well the sign did say Thursday 25th April last Sunday

EDIT :meant 25th, not 28th, getting confused

Indeed the sign says 28th, too bad you posted 25th...
    *can never trust strangers again*

Right. I'm gonna take another run at this on Wednesday at 6pm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

Was talking to one of the girls that will be working there, she said that not all the food that they ordered had arrived and they didn't want to open without everything being perfect.

can you ask her if they found a football out the back? we lost one a couple of weeks ago :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

WHERE THE FVCK ARE THE UPDATES!!!???

Someone has surely been there by now!!

Was there tonight. Can't really breathe now, ate so much.
    It's not the best Chinese food I ever had but it's very good.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Do they have any introductory offers?

I don't think so.
    10.80 buffet lunch
    15.80 all you can eat restaurant (you order as many things you like from the menu, can order more than once).
    No desserts included nor coffee. Water free and pints at 3 euro (I think this is introductory).
    You actually have to finish all your meals, no doggie bags and no leftovers allowed (to make sure someone doesn't order loads and doesn't even eat it).

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

I don't think so.
    10.80 buffet lunch
    15.80 all you can eat restaurant (you order as many things you like from the menu, can order more than once).
    No desserts included nor coffee. Water free and pints at 3 euro (I think this is introductory).
    You actually have to finish all your meals, no doggie bags and no leftovers allowed (to make sure someone doesn't order loads and doesn't even eat it).

No leftovers allowed? How does that work, no further orders until you finish the first batch? What if you don't like what you've ordered?

So that's a bloated thumbs up from me. It's quite a strange format for dinner. 15.80 for all you can eat table service. The pro being that the food is always fresh and hot. The con being that you have to choose from the menu what you want to eat, as opposed to sampling a bit of everything.

I think the lunch time offer is still a self serve buffet however.

Now, for a brief food coma....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I don't think so.
    10.80 buffet lunch

So can you break that down into detail. Whats the buffet lunch exactly? Is it different to the service at the old place?

No I can't, I've only been there once tonight but you're welcome to go check it out yourself :D
    Maybe they'll have a website soon or something, I don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

No I can't, I've only been there once tonight but you're welcome to go check it out yourself :D
    Maybe they'll have a website soon or something, I don't know.

GODDAMNIT Biko :P were you at the old place before? I remember it was all self service like. Is it still like that?

I think that's what the lunch time menu is for 10.80 is.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Was in Bodkin point on Sunday with the family and I was pretty impressed, the plates were piping hot in the Buffet and not luke warm as in the old Star king, Think it cost E12.50 though for the buffet on Sunday for Adults and kids were half price. Food was decent enough for the money will be back again this Sunday for more!

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

It's quite a strange format for dinner. 15.80 for all you can eat table service. The pro being that the food is always fresh and hot. The con being that you have to choose from the menu what you want to eat, as opposed to sampling a bit of everything.

I think the lunch time offer is still a self serve buffet however.

Hmm...The dinner option seems a bit odd to me too. If nothing really encourages waste. If I wanted to try a dish at a buffet, I'd go for a spoonful first. It sounds like you have to order a whole plate just to try a bit. I guess it is grand if you go with a gang and can share a bunch of dishes, but a bit wasteful for one or two people. The whole fun (for me) of the all you can eat places, is that you can get to try a bit of everything, and then have more of what you like best.

Advertisement