Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star King all-u-can-eat closed still? [Now reopen as Bodkin Point]

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Went for the 10.80 lunch buffet during the week. Pretty much the same stuff there now as before so if you liked star king you'll like here but if you didnt then this wont change your mind. Bit more selection in deserts but found the cake a bit stale, now has chocolate and strawberry ice cream and no more chocolate fountain. Whatever sauce they put on the chicken skewers now is nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭squonk

The €15.80 option is pretty good. I find the food is nicer now that it's on demand rather then a buffet. The sushi is pretty good (for me who hasn't had the really great stuff) and the best thing on the menu is the thai spicy spring rolls IMHO. I'm quite impressed with it really. As you are getting proper courses though you better go in hungry so that you can eat it all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Is this definitely under new ownership? Would only eat there if things have totally changed after the controversy over the previous place.

Definitely looks to be under new ownership. The staff AFAIK are different. I like the new incarnation much more than the older one. The food is better and it's more civilised! The buffet is a good idea but the food was lukewarm most of the time and you had kids running amok while you were trying to move around with plates of food. Now the food arrives hot and is pretty tasty. The mains aren't the best I've ever had but are a long way from the worst either. The downside is that you've to wait for your orders to be prepared now which does make the trip last a little longer but that's not too bad in the bigger scheme of things.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Yeah, it's definitely run by new people. Very much enjoy the sit down and order as much as you can model, it's relaxed and there's no pressure on you to eat up and leave.

Must go back again sometime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I find that with the new method of eating, you tend to eat more. Thus getting better value. And be a nicer kind of full coming out of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Was down there last week for the dinner menu option with a friend enjoyed having a few different starters and food was piping hot, its not Royal Villa standard but its excellent value for sure.

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

The most interesting thing about this place is how much interest this restaurant has generated under both owners. I eventually had to try it just to find out what all the fuss was about.

Clearly what Galway needs is more all you can eat buffets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Weird concept with the bastardized version of a buffet.

Can you literally keep asking them to go to the kitchen for more food?

kraggy wrote: »
    Weird concept with the bastardized version of a buffet.

Can you literally keep asking them to go to the kitchen for more food?

Yes, but the gotcha is that you have to eat everything you order or you'll be charged full price for what's left. Some forward planning is required for sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Was invited there last weekend for a confirmation meal; 10 adults and 6 kids. Was less than 200 so pretty good value for a large group.

More chicken satay sticks? :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

So, I believe it's time for another buffet meet-up eat-up :D

make-it-tso.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

All You Can Eat Buffet Lunch with Beverage for Two €13
    or
    Food and Drink from A La Carte Evening Menu €25
    http://www.livingsocial.com/ireland/cities/515-galway/deals/934193-chinese-buffet-lunch-with-drink-for-two-people

Best value feed in town :D

Advertisement