Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 7), Apr 5-6, 2013

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

There won't be a draw in Sligo tomorrow night...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

What a goal to win. Come on City!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Where the **** did that goal come from????:pac:

Disaster of a performance.

Some serious questions hanging over this side now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Shane Duggan, thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

We dont do draws this season :)

Played better in parts but still gifted bray a few chances, starting to gel Killian and Forrester were immense tonight, Bray couldnt handle them and we seem to be moving the ball forward much quicker than last season.

Still havent played well for 90 but getting there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Another draw, at least Rovers are doing well for my prediction league results.

On the balance of play we should have won I feel. I dont think Brush made one save but it was straight at him from 30 years out. He should have saved there goal along with caught the cross before it.

Sava made a wonderful save from a quigley volley which was only about 6 yards out.

Some awful decisions all night from the ref and particularly the lines man on the east side. Drogs got an offside against them from a throw in along with numerous other stupid decisions. Ref looked like Red from That 70s Show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Salthill let in a soft goal and left a few chances of their own behind them. Fair pay to the cobh supporters who came up and made lots of noise!

Forresters goal was class, worth checking out on MNS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Ebbs wrote: »
    Some awful decisions all night from the ref and particularly the lines man on the east side. Drogs got an offside against them from a throw in along with numerous other stupid decisions. Ref looked like Red from That 70s Show.
    You knew it was going to be a strange night when offside is given from a throw by the linesman and the referee :rolleyes:
    They got so many things wrong it was hard to watch. Two similar fouls 2 yards inside the box - one given as a free 2 yards outside and the other given as a yellow for diving. The linesman giving a throw when the ball was about a yard from the line. Offside, throw ins and corners seemed to be a lottery as to which way they went.
    Also the way the ref held up his whistle at free kicks to tell the players to wait for him reminded me of Mr. Bean.

MNS will be worth it just to see Gabi Sava's save from Quigley in injury time.
    Then to cap it all Rovers should have had a penalty right at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I can't think of seeing a better save in the past ten years of LOI than from Sava tonight. I don't think MNS will do it justice from the far side. Would like to see a picture of it from behind the goal or behind Quigley as I was.

That's where Quigley should be popping up rather than with his back to goal on the halfway line. Think if Kilduff was brought on earlier, Rovers would've won.

Chambers very very lucky not to be sent off as was Sullivan. He doesn't have the discipline to be club captain in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Never thought I'd be happy to see Cork and Pats getting wins. It's a funny auld game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

dfx- wrote: »
    Chambers very very lucky not to be sent off as was Sullivan. He doesn't have the discipline to be club captain in my opinion.
    Thought that myself. Chambers was a tough player when he was with the Drogs but in the few times I've seen him playing for Rovers he comes across as almost a nasty player. He seems to constantly push refs to the limit. He walloped Ryan Brennan twice after he was booked and Sullivan pulled down O'Neill when he was clean through but never got a second yellow.

I'm not sure if the referee knew about the two yellow cards rule, though.

Foran could've been sent off as well for two yellows. He seemed very happy to issue out a yellow and nothing else. I was sure when Chambers left his elbow late in the back of the head, he was going to his pocket and then stopped himself.

Can we have Croly now?

Only if you buy out Matthews contract..

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Can we have Croly now?

heh really? easily the best coach in the ireland. But........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

dfx- wrote: »
    Foran could've been sent off as well for two yellows. He seemed very happy to issue out a yellow and nothing else. I was sure when Chambers left his elbow late in the back of the head, he was going to his pocket and then stopped himself.
    Saying FA but when Foran was with Dundalk last season he was massive for us and was easily POTY.Massive stand out player for us in a very poor season!
    Now he's with Shamrock Rovers he seems to have turned in to a right thug :confused:
    Hope not.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    heh really? easily the best coach in the ireland. But........

Alan Matthews is our current manager.

Foran was excellent again by the way..he covered for Sullivan umpteen times. And nearly scored a great late winner when he hit the post after beating two players late on. Defensively he wasn't helped by those to the right of him and had to recover a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Pats deserved the win, Forrester was absolutely immense, a level above everyone on that pitch. Was actually lovely to watch. Bray had chances when the subs came on, could have nicked one. Denied a stonewall peno too, but wouldnt have been justice if was a draw.

Edit: watch Forresters goal. So sweet! Any Pats fans on the dart back to town after?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Looking forward to seeing Forresters goal on Monday night.

Look out for Patrick McEleney's for Derry too if you didn't see it in the live TV game. Another cracker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

My god we were utter dogshît last night. Cannot describe how bad we were. Even in victory it felt like a defeat we were so awful. Ucd deserved a draw and would have got that at least had their pen not been do poor. Glad of the 3 points but there was nothing at all to be happy about after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

gimmick wrote: »
    My god we were utter dogshît last night. Cannot describe how bad we were. Even in victory it felt like a defeat we were so awful. Ucd deserved a draw and would have got that at least had their pen not been do poor. Glad of the 3 points but there was nothing at all to be happy about after that.

+1

Delighted with the 3 points, but nothing more.

We had far more of the ball etc, but created very little.

Its hard to point a finger at 1 area in which needs improving.

They're few to worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

UCD were happy to watch us pass the ball around the back.

Tommy may argue that that he was playing a 4-3-3 but looked a classic 4-5-1. Midfield is a muddled disjointed mess. Players didn't know what they were doing out there. Tommy slow again to make the changes.

For me we should have gone 4-4-1-1 half way through that 1st half and bring on extra striker and let Daryl Kavanagh play where he is most effective which is in that space between midfield and defense. As it was we fumbled a goal before half time.

We never really raised our intensity levels to the required level. That 15-20 mins after half time vs Bohs was the best we've played all season. There was very little of that concerted intensity. Whether its down to tiredness or just plain mental thing its something that Tommy Dunne needs to work on....

Lots to work on Tommy. Go back over your tactics manuals over next few days. Lifelong learning.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I put a 1c lucky 63 on, if Sligo win tonight it will be completed. This is an absolute guarantee that Shels won't lose tonight.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I put a 1c lucky 63 on, if Sligo win tonight it will be completed. This is an absolute guarantee that Shels won't lose tonight.
    what'll that return? Shels will lose tonight. We always win :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

AgileMyth wrote: »
    what'll that return? Shels will lose tonight. We always win :pac:

The return will be a whopping €8.65 if Sligo win.

Bray then made three substitutions with the introduction of Daire Doyle, Ismahil Akinade and Shane O'Neill. That almost made a change in the home team's fortunes when first striker Akinade had a shot saved by Gary Rogers.
    And it was the same player who seized on a misdirected back pass from Brennan only to shoot wide of the target. Bray kept pressing forward and Akinade had another shot saved by Rogers on 90 minutes, but the St Pat's defence held firm for their third league win of the season.

http://www.airtricityleague.ie/matchzone/premier-division/match-reports/765-series-07/4662-forrester-strike-gives-saints-win-in-bray

Maybe Shels will get the win. Someone has stolen our keeper

Sligo 1 up Elding

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

3,158 is the attendance at the Showgrounds tonight. Rovers just go 2 up, Elding with his second.

Airtricity Premier League
    P W D L F A Pts
    Sligo Rvrs	6	6	0	0	15	2	18
    Derry City	7	5	1	1	18	2	16
    Dundalk	7	3	3	1	12	10	12
    Shamrock R	7	1	6	0	6	3	9
    Cork City	6	2	3	1	6	5	9
    St. Patrick's Athletic	5	3	0	2	4	5	9
    Drogheda U	7	1	5	1	9	9	8
    Limerick	7	1	4	2	9	9	7
    Bohemian	6	2	1	3	4	10	7
    Bray Wndrs	6	1	1	4	4	10	4
    Shelbourne	5	0	1	4	1	9	1
    UCD	7	0	1	6	6	20	1

Why did some of us have to play 3 games in 6 days? We have to do it again due to the PP games :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Ah here is Elding ripping the p*ss at this stage? The man's a beast!

Omackeral wrote: »
    Hes been ripping the piss from the off.

He banged in two tonight as he didn't score last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

How long will Sligo be able to keep him, I wonder?

Anyway, when I checked on Aertel last night, there was something coming up with 'Sligo hit magnificent seven', and I thought, Shels were pumped 7:0. Should I be delighted, it was only 2:0? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

What happened with the shel's keeper? He could'nt kick the ball out last night. He had no obvious limp that i could see. Did he start injured or did he pick it up after the first save?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

DULLAHAN2 wrote: »
    What happened with the shel's keeper? He could'nt kick the ball out last night. He had no obvious limp that i could see. Did he start injured or did he pick it up after the first save?

He's always like that - just think of Zoolander (perfect in every way but for turning left) - for Burden, it's kick outs.

born2bwild wrote: »
    He's always like that - just think of Zoolander (perfect in every way but for turning left) - for Burden, it's kick outs.
    He had a defender taking them for him. Surely that was an injury?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

He injured his hamstring, was holding it all through the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

MNS was pretty good tonight I thought. No real shytetalk.

Good report about Bohs and discussion about youth development, albeit brief.

Point about politics involved and everyone looking after themselves at various levels was well made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

I disagree.Some teams get spoken about,others not and the others haven't been spoken about for weeks.So dismal MNS i would say.
    When ya see whinger minger from Bray (Devlin) on the show then you know it's time to switch to corrie,eastenders or other such fantasy!!

Advertisement