Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self funded to funded PhD

Options
  • 04-04-2013 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

In my first year of doing a part time self funded PhD at the university of ulster. My area is marketing/business. To say I am finding it a financial strain, is an understatement - I can't even seem to get part time work to help me out!

Can I apply for funding and do it full time? Have I already missed this years deadlines?

Any help very much appreciated x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

I think this is something you need to discuss with your supervisor(s). But, for what it's worth (and I stress that this is purely my own opinion), I would have grave reservations about pursuing a PhD without funding.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Deeburke13

djpbarry wrote: »
    I think this is something you need to discuss with your supervisor(s). But, for what it's worth (and I stress that this is purely my own opinion), I would have grave reservations about pursuing a PhD without funding.

Thanks. I have to admit that I definitely agree with you on that - unfortunately I learnt the hard way.
    Hopefully it'll all work out in the end :)

Advertisement