Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student paramedic 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭McCoy

Parafox wrote: »
    Folks went to get copy of Penalty Points Summary today. Got email from NRS and it says the following "Please note a Penalty Points Summary on its own will not suffice as Penalty Points are separate and are not considered an endorsement"

Dose anyone know what exactly there looking for?

mine is just a letter that states I have no penalty points, then on the same page underneath written in black Biro it says " please note Mr X currently has no endorsements on his licence" should I go back to get a printed page ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

McCoy wrote: »
    mine is just a letter that states I have no penalty points, then on the same page underneath written in black Biro it says " please note Mr X currently has no endorsements on his licence" should I go back to get a printed page ??

I have a printed page of both

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭medic780

sjb25 wrote: »
    I have a printed page of both
    I got one stating that I have no penalty points endorsed and another with all the dates of my licenses etc on it take it ill have to take a trip back up :(

medic780 wrote: »
    I got one stating that I have no penalty points endorsed and another with all the dates of my licenses etc on it take it ill have to take a trip back up :(

I got a sheet with the dates of my liecences got 1 saying no endorsements are on my liecence and a sheet with saying iv no penalty points so three seperate pages all printed signed by the man in the tax office and stamped

I got a sheet with the dates of my liecences got 1 saying no endorsements are on my liecence and a sheet with saying iv no penalty points so three seperate pages all printed signed by the man in the tax office and stamped
    Yip definitely a journey back to the motor tax office for me!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 herself_there

Has anyone gotten theirs from Smithfield, Dublin tax office?
    5 working days later and still waiting. Wondering if anyone was able to get the print out from them straight away at the desk?

O dear I brought the application form and showed him so he knew exactly then he read it rather than me trying to explain

O dear I brought the application form and showed him so he knew exactly then he read it rather than me trying to explain
    That's exactly what I'm going to do this time. Fingers crossed they'll do it for me there and then.

Has anyone gotten theirs from Smithfield, Dublin tax office?
    5 working days later and still waiting. Wondering if anyone was able to get the print out from them straight away at the desk?

I did in wexford

• Advertisement

That's exactly what I'm going to do this time. Fingers crossed they'll do it for me there and then.

They did for me

Four days later my arm is about to fall of from writeing and re writeing but application form is complete and ready to send in with all attached documents on Tuesday morning registard post Noting to do now but pray :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Flaker

McCoy wrote: »

Mine is something similar. Page to say no penalty points, then another with the dates of all my licenses and written in biro to say I have no endorsements and it is stamped on top. I was told that if I had an endorsement, it would show on the page with the license details but because I don't, it doesn't show.That's why it had to be written in pen. I argued that I needed a printed page, but that's all she would give me. Maybe I'll have to try [EMAIL="again.....cr@p"]again.....cr@p[/EMAIL].

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Flaker

Flaker wrote: »
    Mine is something similar. Page to say no penalty points, then another with the dates of all my licenses and written in biro to say I have no endorsements and it is stamped on top. I was told that if I had an endorsement, it would show on the page with the license details but because I don't, it doesn't show.That's why it had to be written in pen. I argued that I needed a printed page, but that's all she would give me. Maybe I'll have to try [EMAIL="again.....cr@p."]again.....cr@p.[/EMAIL]

Just double checked with Manorhamilton and what I have is fine. I didn't even need to get the bit written in. So anyone with just a print out of their licenses, this is fine. You will still need the print out about penalty points though.........

So whoever is in is in now goodluck all nervous wait now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

Does anyone know when we'll hear if we're called for an interview?

borrch wrote: »
    Does anyone know when we'll hear if we're called for an interview?

It's says " • It is our intention to post out the invitations to interview to the correspondence address that you provide on your application form.  You will receive a text and email to let you know invitations have been posted no later than Friday, 12th July 2013. "

Thanks sjb25 :)

Thanks sjb25 :)

No problem not to long away but long when we waiting ha

Does anyone know what NFQ level is a paramedic (EMS diploma)? Is it level 7 and advanced paramedic level 8..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

Does anyone know what NFQ level is a paramedic (EMS diploma)? Is it level 7 and advanced paramedic level 8..?

I enquired a while back about it and where it stood on the levels. The response I got was that PHECC had not yet aligned itself with the NFQ and so were not on the scale. Might have changed since but I doubt it.

Thanks a mill, you'd think by now they'd have it sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 16 newby88

Does anyone know how many they train at a time from the panel or does it depend on the positions available? If you do get on the panel could you realistically be on it for a couple of years?

There's 24 in a class, but there could be students from the defence forces or DFB taking up a few places. I think they train roughly 4 classes per year, but it all depends on funding available etc. If you're high on the panel you could be waiting 1-2 years :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭antichrist

There's 24 in a class, but there could be students from the defence forces or DFB taking up a few places. I think they train roughly 4 classes per year, but it all depends on funding available etc. If you're high on the panel you could be waiting 1-2 years :-(

Classes can be as large as 30-32. DFB train their own paramedics in the OBI, they only do training with the NAS for AP course.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Parafox

Just wondering if any of yee know if recently qualified paramedics are getting full time contracts or whats being offered to them.
    Also those of you in the know would it be wise giving up a WTE post to start the trainee paramedic course if offered?

Just wondering if any of yee know if recently qualified paramedics are getting full time contracts or whats being offered to them.
    Also those of you in the know would it be wise giving up a WTE contract to start the trainee paramedic course if offered?

Wte is a post not a contract. It depends, if you really want to be a paramedic then its wise.....if you need to ask this question online.....maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Parafox

antichrist wrote: »
    Wte is a post not a contract. It depends, if you really want to be a paramedic then its wise.....if you need to ask this question online.....maybe not.

Whats wrong with asking questions on line. Most people on this site ask questions.
    Just seeking answers or guidence from people who may have gone through similar experience. I suppose i want to know is whats the likelyhood of getting full time post after para training as i'm hearing mostly temp contracts on offer.

Whats wrong with asking questions on line. Most people on this site ask questions.
    Just seeking answers or guidence from people who may have gone through similar experience. I suppose i want to know is whats the likelyhood of getting full time post after para training as i'm hearing mostly temp contracts on offer.

Don't know where you've heard that.....all in my area have been made permanent after their 1 year probation (this follows the 1 year internship).

My remark as to asking online was to your question on weather or not it would be a good move to apply, that, as i already stated, is down to how much you want to be a paramedic. If you think its worth it then take the leap.....if you think its too much of a risk......then maybe the job's not for you.

I left a good permanent job as an engineer and took a pay cut to come across to the NAS....never looked back since

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

You will be 'Non Rostered' for a period that may be a few years, in some regions that is up to 3 years, in others it is longer.
    That is to say that you will be a permanent member of staff but will not be assigned to a fixed roster or station. You will be filling rosters in stations on a weekly basis, or sometimes daily in the region you are assigned to.

As for 'para' training, is that parachute, parakeet or Paramedic, you don't ask a Student Garda if they are training to be a 'Gar' or Recruit Soldier if they are training to be a 'Sold' ;)

Advertisement