Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student paramedic 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭19hz

Bang Bang wrote: »
    As for 'para' training, is that parachute, parakeet or Paramedic, you don't ask a Student Garda if they are training to be a 'Gar' or Recruit Soldier if they are training to be a 'Sold' ;)

3osci4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Nothing to do with OCD '19hz', probably more to do with being proud of a title that many have worked hard for;)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ainom

Folks are invitations to interview out tomorrow? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mad1c

ainom wrote: »
    Folks are invitations to interview out tomorrow? ?

Wishful thinking, could be another month yet..

mad1c wrote: »
    Wishful thinking, could be another month yet..

Thought I read it somewhere. Wishful thinking on my part.

• Advertisement

Thought I read it somewhere. Wishful thinking on my part.

Notification to be given on or before July 12, there'll be a lot of frayed nerves and chewed nails by then..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

Notification to be given on or before July 12, there'll be a lot of frayed nerves and chewed nails by then..

My nails are almost gone already..... :) il have no fingers left

Does anyone know how many are in each panel??

Does anyone know how many are in each panel??

There is one panel being formed with the plan being 90 plus places.

There is one panel being formed with the plan being 90 plus places.

Any idea how many are in Band A for interviews?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭stevie06

they will interview everyone in Band A that passes the application form stage.
    so i understand that there are about 200 people in band A.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭McCoy

does anyone know where the interviews will be held ? I know it says Dublin , where in dublin were they held last time ? thanks

McCoy wrote: »
    does anyone know where the interviews will be held ? I know it says Dublin , where in dublin were they held last time ? thanks

You will be notified of the venue if and when you are successful in securing an interview.
    Having said that the 'Commission for Public Service Appointments' oversee and regulate the interview process. Their offices are in Leeson Street and they have also held interviews in Abbey Street.

Those who are successful will receive notification of the venue in plenty of time to arrange transport etc.

The best of luck.

You will be notified of the venue if and when you are successful in securing an interview.
    Having said that the 'Commission for Public Service Appointments' oversee and regulate the interview process. Their offices are in Leeson Street and they have also held interviews in Abbey Street.

Those who are successful will receive notification of the venue in plenty of time to arrange transport etc.

The best of luck.

cheers for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gestalt

http://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/contact.htm

Interviews are held in the same location as the aptitude test on Abbey Street, opposite the entrance to the Jervis Street Shopping Centre at the Luas stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Gestalt I think you may have got mixed up stage 3(Interview stage) is carried out by the HSE and not the PAS
    The following is taken from campaign info PDF document available when job was first advertised

(The Public Appointments Service will conduct Stages 1 and 2 while the HSE National Recruitment
    Service will conduct Stage 3.)

Interviews should take place in current NAS college St Mary's Hospital, Acres Rd, Dublin 20

http://maps.google.ie/maps?bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&biw=1366&bih=667&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=national+ambulance+service+college+dublin&fb=1&gl=ie&hq=national+ambulance+service+college&hnear=0x48670e80ea27ac2f:0xa00c7a9973171a0,Dublin&cid=0,0,5448708218240358977&sa=X&ei=UPvAUfOSHImf7AbB6ICwDg&ved=0CIABEPwSMAM

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gestalt

D Trent wrote: »
    Gestalt I think you may have got mixed up stage 3(Interview stage) is carried out by the HSE and not the PAS
    The following is taken from campaign info PDF document available when job was first advertised

(The Public Appointments Service will conduct Stages 1 and 2 while the HSE National Recruitment
    Service will conduct Stage 3.)

Interviews should take place in current NAS college St Mary's Hospital, Acres Rd, Dublin 20

http://maps.google.ie/maps?bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&biw=1366&bih=667&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=national+ambulance+service+college+dublin&fb=1&gl=ie&hq=national+ambulance+service+college&hnear=0x48670e80ea27ac2f:0xa00c7a9973171a0,Dublin&cid=0,0,5448708218240358977&sa=X&ei=UPvAUfOSHImf7AbB6ICwDg&ved=0CIABEPwSMAM

Ah very good, it must have changed so. Usually interviews are held at this PAS Abbey St location as it is purpose built for same, it's been a while since I went through the process of that particular competition :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭flazio

When I went for Controller earlier this year my interview was held in the PAS building on the Jervis Luas stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭antichrist

For the last 13 Paramedic courses the interview was on Jervis street in PAS building. The interview is conducted by NAS staff

so its only 5 weeks until the interviews begin, has anybody got any advice on the best way to prepare for it ?.. (assuming I'm called for one) is it adviseable to arrange a visit to a local ambulance station ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 stones55

Best way to prepare is to go to someone for a preparation course.

Know your stories inside out.

Know the NAS structure.

so its only 5 weeks until the interviews begin, has anybody got any advice on the best way to prepare for it ?.. (assuming I'm called for one) is it adviseable to arrange a visit to a local ambulance station ?

Yes definitely arrange a visit to an ambulance station and the control centre too. I gave this advice earlier on and some have taken it up which meant that they could include information on their visits on their interview application forms. Although it's too late for that now you may still get the opportunity to mention your visits if you are successful at getting an interview.

So will we have to hold out till Friday or anybody think could be anyday now every time I get a text or email I jump ha cn as it says we get a text to say its sent...... Don't no if il last the week :) And iv to work rest the week so will have to wait till after six when it comes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

sjb25 wrote: »
    So will we have to hold out till Friday or anybody think could be anyday now every time I get a text or email I jump ha cn as it says we get a text to say its sent...... Don't no if il last the week :) And iv to work rest the week so will have to wait till after six when it comes :(

What you waiting for???? Sure you know the date that the interviews are being held. The week of the 29th

adam88 wrote: »
    What you waiting for???? Sure you know the date that the interviews are being held. The week of the 29th
    adam88 wrote: »

Unless iv not got an invite or even declined yet im waiting on an invite for interview from the booklet "It is our intention to post out the invitations to interview to the correspondence address on your application form. You will receive a text and email to let you know invitations have been posted no later than 12th July 2013. Candidates who do not confirm their interview attendance prior to the deadline supplied in the invitation to interview will have their slot cancelled"

to be honest, I thought we would have heard by now... the waiting is killing me , hopefully it won't be last thing friday, gonna have to book time off work and book a place to stay etc... here's hoping anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭antichrist

to be honest, I thought we would have heard by now.
    Welcome to the NAS

anything today ??

anything today ??

nope post has come and gone

• Advertisement

nope post has come and gone
    Looks like wel be waiting the weekend anyway