Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student paramedic 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭McCoy

looks like we'll be waiting til Monday.....

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gawley

nothing out yet. Was hoping it would be today but looking like Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mad for road

God love the postman Monday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 12 djr7

I feel good about it... Fingers crossed for all of us!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Flaker

Can't quite believe it but... I got it!! I'm on the panel!! Not mad high up, but high enough to think I'll get called soon enough. Phew. I was so nervous all weekend....

• Advertisement

Flaker wrote: »
    Can't quite believe it but... I got it!! I'm on the panel!! Not mad high up, but high enough to think I'll get called soon enough. Phew. I was so nervous all weekend....

Congrats!

Flaker wrote: »

well done, wont know myself til this evening fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 27 kwall04

Got placed, best of luck everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Flaker

djr7 wrote: »
    Congrats!

Thank you! I have my fingers crossed for you all. The waiting is hard but hopefully will be worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

And I'm on.......phew!!!

Best of luck to those waiting to get your post and congrats to those of you who have made it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

Made the panel am thrilled not high as I hoped but I'm on the panel ha so delighted good look everybody else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

Took me ages to open the letter ha anybody know how many on the panel

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

I got in as well, not as high as I hoped, does anyone know how many they hope to train in the next 12 mths or so, trying to work out how long I might be waiting ...

• Registered Users Posts: 49 herself_there

Oh good Lord, the RELIEF of today! We all put in a lot of hard work to get here so congrats to everyone who got on the panel and looking forward to training with ye:)

phew, made it on, not as high as I had hoped either.

From what I can see there is 24 in a class and with 2 colleges that's 48. It all depends on resources and whether or not other things are going on in the colleges at the time.

Well done to all and to those who didnt make it, chin up you have the experience of going through the process now so next time it wont be as daunting for you.

nothing in the post......... bad sign?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 newby88

Made it on too, delighted as I didn't think my interview went too well!!

Are you living down the country McCoy, the email said post should come today but may take a little longer down the country?

found it ha.... got on the panel, way higher than I had expected, over the moon, well done to all and hard luck if anyone didn't make it

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭19hz

I heard Galway college isn't being used for new recruits anymore, just upskilling from now on. Rumor like so don't take it so serious. Anyone else hear similar?

19hz wrote: »
    I heard Galway college isn't being used for new recruits anymore, just upskilling from now on. Rumor like so don't take it so serious. Anyone else hear similar?

really ? I was hoping to get ballinasloe , what's the story now so ? do we just wait for a text and email ? hopefully they'll get the ball rolling soon enough... does anyone know at what stage references are checked and vettings are done for everyone?

• Advertisement

I'm at the fare end of the panel but I'm in! So so happy!
    Congratulations to all of you ppl!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 newby88

Congrats everyone! Does anyone know how many got on the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭medic780

McCoy wrote: »
    really ? I was hoping to get ballinasloe , what's the story now so ? do we just wait for a text and email ? hopefully they'll get the ball rolling soon enough... does anyone know at what stage references are checked and vettings are done for everyone?

Yip just sit back and wait to be contacted. These won't be checked until jobs offers are sent out and accepted so it will be awhile yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Parafox

Well done to everyone who got on the panel. For those who didn't don't give up. I for one didn't get in on my first attempt (2010) and this made me more determined to push on and prepair harder for this time round, and it paid off. I'd say there are plenty who made it this time who didn't the last time. Keep your head up your time WILL come.

well said Parafox, I didnt make it in 2010, made me more dertermined this time round.

Think the panel was 200 but not 100% sure

19hz wrote: »

where would they do it then? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭medic780

Gawley wrote: »
    where would they do it then? :confused:

Probably Dublin

then it would be just the single class at a time, that would mean twice as long to get through the panel. I know there is a back log on the upskilling so it could be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

Thanks Parafox for the link.

Does that mean they are only training in 48 students each year, most of which will be in Dublin..?

Advertisement