Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student paramedic 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

HowYaDave wrote: »
    Hi all.on de info i got from de training college they say only 14 places have been approved by HSE on this occasion and the full 24 will not be filled.in my opinion its very weird.they also said that they had no further info on future classes.i really hope it recruitment keeps moving.
    I think it's only 14 as the rest have been filled by the defence forces anyway and possibly the remainder of the old panel? That's why only 14 wel that's what seems to be the case from reading here anyway hopefully as you said it will all keep moving and on the bright side if we don't get it wel be 14 places better off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Offers out today. Best of luck to all that got offered places.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭McCoy

anyone from new panel get an offer ??

Yes at least half of new class are made up of new panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 herself_there

Good luck to everyone starting the new class! Not at all jealous....

• Advertisement

Good luck to everyone starting the new class! Not at all jealous....

Me neither!! good luck all :)

Our time will come.

adam88 wrote: »
    Our time will come.
    It will and can't wait :)

adam88 wrote: »
    Yes at least half of new class are made up of new panel.

you sure about this ?? i reckon they haven't even gone into the new panel , from speaking with the NRS on the phone there was 21 people ahead of us on the new panel, so "add 21 to your current panel position and take 14 off it" is what i was told, it could be ages if they only take in groups of 14 every 6 months or so...

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

McCoy wrote: »
    you sure about this ?? i reckon they haven't even gone into the new panel , from speaking with the NRS on the phone there was 21 people ahead of us on the new panel, so "add 21 to your current panel position and take 14 off it" is what i was told, it could be ages if they only take in groups of 14 every 6 months or so...

Offers have gone out to and have been accepted by candidates on the new panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 HowYaDave

Hi all.guys , does anyone actually know if the hse just put 14 in the class or was it topped up to the normal 24 from else where?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

HowYaDave wrote: »
    Hi all.guys , does anyone actually know if the hse just put 14 in the class or was it topped up to the normal 24 from else where?

The Defence Forces were offered a number of places to fill the class.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sj efr

Expressions of interest out for 9 x student paramedic roles

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gawley

is that a new class or are they filling the one sent out on 16/01/13? I notice the class start date is the same

Gawley wrote: »
    is that a new class or are they filling the one sent out on 16/01/13? I notice the class start date is the same

I'd say it's the same class maybe defence forces didn't have as many body's as they had booked for

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭19hz

Gawley wrote: »
    I notice the class start date is the same

Must be filling the existing one so I'd imagine.
    Perhaps it was a bad time of year for the army?..maybe some of them off on tour perhaps?

Quote from DF Facebook 20mins ago:

"130 troops from the 44th Infantry Group (UNDOF) are entering the final phase of intensive training in preparation for their deployment to the Golan heights region of Syria."

Maybe tis indeed bad timing for them..

Sent in expression of interest still to far away for me I'd reckon but no harm ha so that's 23 lucky ones now

same as, I never got a confirmation email, anyone in the same boat ? I'm too far down the list for this one anyway I reckon

McCoy wrote: »
    same as, I never got a confirmation email, anyone in the same boat ? I'm too far down the list for this one anyway I reckon
    Didn't get a confirmation email either reckon will tommorrow when they get in

• Advertisement

sjb25 wrote: »
    Didn't get a confirmation email either reckon will tommorrow when they get in

when will the offers be made ? I wonder what number they're up to on the panel ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4 darthemar

The oireachtas committee today regarding the respond times, has criticised the HSE In huge depth. I thought what would be of interest to all in regard to the topic of this forum. That 43 paramedic trainee have been confirmed for 2014. The report has suggested that these are people who will be trained to paramedic level, not those who have qualified at paramedic level in 2014. I am open to correction however I hope it gives light to those have complete the recruitment process and who are enquiring about the topic

• Registered Users Posts: 4 darthemar

Just to confirm that the 43 referred to the emergency call takers, chief of ambulance has confirmed that 20 places are to start in April for trainee paramedic

Any one get replies yet

• Registered Users Posts: 19 GAVINCC

So did anyone get a reply yet and what number on the new panel did they get to. See UL are starting a 4yr Paramedic Degree also

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

GAVINCC wrote: »
    So did anyone get a reply yet and what number on the new panel did they get to. See UL are starting a 4yr Paramedic Degree also

Any link for the UL course?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 parakeith12

Hi. Does anyone know what accommidation is possible in balinasloe? I am starting training april 7th. Looking for cheap accommidation

• Registered Users Posts: 1 soz21

Hi. Does anyone know what accommidation is possible in balinasloe? I am starting training april 7th. Looking for cheap accommidation

Hi the shearwater hotel does deals for the ambulance service & also if u get on the school they will give u names & nos of rooms to rent or b&bs. Hope this helps.

If it was me I'd ask local farmers for lodging.. #homecookedmeals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 parakeith12

19hz wrote: »
    If it was me I'd ask local farmers for lodging.. #homecookedmeals

Good idea. It seems that they are at no. 17 on the panel only because others have not taken the offers for ballinasloe.

Advertisement