Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student paramedic 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭19hz

It seems that they are at no. 17 on the panel only because others have not taken the offers for ballinasloe.

Huh?..did they tell people at the offer of expression stage where the training would be?..

• Registered Users Posts: 10 parakeith12

19hz wrote: »
    Huh?..did they tell people at the offer of expression stage where the training would be?..

No. But some people phoned and asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭deltakilo

Good idea. It seems that they are at no. 17 on the panel only because others have not taken the offers for ballinasloe.

Is that no. 17 on the new panel or including the old / existing panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Good idea. It seems that they are at no. 17 on the panel only because others have not taken the offers for ballinasloe.

No 17 how you know that

deltakilo wrote: »
    Is that no. 17 on the new panel or including the old / existing panel?

Its a mix of both panels. The old panel get offered first when some do not accept the new panel gets offers.

• Advertisement

Have offers gone out today

adam88 wrote: »
    Have offers gone out today

No. Delays. Prob next week. I have no proof of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 GAVINCC

If offers havn't been sent out for the further 9 places then how do you know they are on n0.17 on the new panel!!

GAVINCC wrote: »
    If offers havn't been sent out for the further 9 places then how do you know they are on n0.17 on the new panel!!

I read it in my tea leaves!

I read it in my tea leaves!

And they havent gone through all 16 people as some people did not accept their offers. I have a friend at that ranking. Simple as that really.

• Advertisement

Yeah but have the 9 been offered a training place since last fridays e-mail. If not then how would u know they're on no. 17

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭McCoy

any update folks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 HowYaDave

I wish there was some concrete updates.for me with a panel number in the 30s im totally confused bout what to do.do i wait for a place in next class or just emigrate to find an opportunity to train elsewhere.the waiting game here is painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭19hz

HowYaDave wrote: »
    I wish there was some concrete updates.for me with a panel number in the 30s im totally confused bout what to do.do i wait for a place in next class or just emigrate to find an opportunity to train elsewhere.the waiting game here is painful.

Be hard to get solid info I'd say. Be a lot of "I heard this and that" going on.

Speaking of which.. from what I've heard I reckon they are down as far as 20ish on the new panel. Just some rough idea of where they are afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭McCoy

has anyone rang manorhamilton recently to see what the story is ? or is there any point ?
    I've rang them twice before and both times came off the phone more confused than i was to begin with

So has anyone recieved any word yet re the extra 9 places

• Registered Users Posts: 3 para.fred

As of info today extra 9 places are not going ahead on 7 of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ainom

para.fred wrote: »
    As of info today extra 9 places are not going ahead on 7 of April.

Reliable source?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 para.fred

ainom wrote: »
    Reliable source?

Yes. Was told definetly not going ahead. Very disapointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 HowYaDave

Oh god.what de hell is goin in Der?got a feeling this panel is not gonna be sifted tru at all.awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭sjb25

HowYaDave wrote: »
    Oh god.what de hell is goin in Der?got a feeling this panel is not gonna be sifted tru at all.awful.

There will be a lot of ups and downs and messing around u just have to look at the last recruitment thread to see that some of them had a long wait but they all got there in the end and so will we! Frustrating as it is we all just Got to hold out our time will come sometime

sjb25 wrote: »
    There will be a lot of ups and downs and messing around u just have to look at the last recruitment thread to see that some of them had a long wait but they all got there in the end and so will we! Frustrating as it is we all just Got to hold out our time will come sometime

I looked back at the last recruitment thread and they got 5 classes started in about 2 yrs or less so promising for this panel. Though they are slow in starting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭sjb25

I looked back at the last recruitment thread and they got 5 classes started in about 2 yrs or less so promising for this panel. Though they are slow in starting

Exactly bit slow to start but we will all get there we just got to have patience unfortunately our time will come but have to realize like you said could be 1-2 years for hole panel to be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sj efr

Saw this yesterday 40 min for an ambo to get to cardiac arrest
    Review of ambulance call after 40 minute wait for cardiac arrest patient (via TheJournal.ie) http://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-ambulance-response-1350654-Mar2014/

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Brotha Noomzy

Don't know if anyone else was at that Responder conference last week in Tullamore. There was a speaker from UCDs Department of Emergency Medical Science. They are aiming to have the Paramedic course available through the CAO in 2015. Im not sure what that means for us especially those of us at lower end of the panel. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭k_d

4 year course,2019 before can employ those on course, panel should be well used

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

k_d wrote: »
    4 year course,2019 before can employ those on course, panel should be well used

Is it not going to be three years?

No 4 yr and UL are also going to be starting a 4yr degree soon

Any links???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

If it were a 4 year programme it would be called an Honors Degree. Ordinary Degrees are three years long. UCD aren't calling it a Honors Degree....

Plus PHECC have listed that the minimum time needed for a Paramedic qualification in a University system is three years.

Advertisement