Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student paramedic 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Wineport

I heard from pre-employment last Thursday. They sent an email with a Garda vetting form attached. Here's what the introduction to the email said .

Dear Applicant,
    "We are currently processing your application, I have checked and we do not have a current Garda Clearance on file for you and the Garda vetting application form you supplied at the time of application is no longer valid for this purpose. In order expedite the pre employment stage of your application could I ask that you complete a new application form which is attached below (along with associated Guide & Sample)."

And then later the same day they sent a questionnaire asking me to fill in some gaps from my original application in 2013.

Hope that helps:)

On a different note - does anyone have any leads on ( fairly inexpensive: ) accommodation handy for Tallaght? I know it's expensive up there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭medic780

Wineport wrote: »
    I heard from pre-employment last Thursday. They sent an email with a Garda vetting form attached. Here's what the introduction to the email said .

Dear Applicant,
    "We are currently processing your application, I have checked and we do not have a current Garda Clearance on file for you and the Garda vetting application form you supplied at the time of application is no longer valid for this purpose. In order expedite the pre employment stage of your application could I ask that you complete a new application form which is attached below (along with associated Guide & Sample)."

And then later the same day they sent a questionnaire asking me to fill in some gaps from my original application in 2013.

Hope that helps:)

On a different note - does anyone have any leads on ( fairly inexpensive: ) accommodation handy for Tallaght? I know it's expensive up there!!!

The maldron in tallaght is doing a deal for NAS it's €45 room only a night single or double occupancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Parafox

Best of luck to all students starting in the west tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

Best of luck everybody starting in the morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Banana peel

Hi, can anyone who started yesterday let us know what is the structure of the first few weeks of training please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 kwall04

Sounds like the first two weeks are induction manual handling, cfr etc and for the third week you are on an ambulance as an observer

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭MN_Medic

kwall04 wrote: »
    Sounds like the first two weeks are induction manual handling, cfr etc and for the third week you are on an ambulance as an observer

The first 8-10 weeks are in the college and then the ambulance placements as an observer takes place.

First two weeks are in the college doing induction manual handling, child first etc the next week three you are an observer in an ambulance then week four in back in college for 8-10 weeks

medic780 wrote: »
    First two weeks are in the college doing induction manual handling, child first etc the next week three you are an observer in an ambulance then week four in back in college for 8-10 weeks

Did they change the course layout?

MN_Medic wrote: »
    Did they change the course layout?

Yip class 17 will be out next week as observers

• Advertisement

medic780 wrote: »
    Yip class 17 will be out next week as observers

Why did they do that? I would have thought coming from the school after 10 weeks with all the knowledge and then being able to associate it to patient presentations to be more beneficial.

Great to see class 17 doing well not a bit jealous I swear :) hopefully we will all be following in you're footsteps soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sj efr

Tv3 have a series starting tonight called irish paramedics 9pm. Should give everyone a good grasp of whats in store for us

sj efr wrote: »
    Tv3 have a series starting tonight called irish paramedics 9pm. Should give everyone a good grasp of whats in store for us

Yep starting at 9 tonight tailor for it here https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=KcfLtBYKFpI

Looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 19 GAVINCC

Did anyone get a contract today?

GAVINCC wrote: »
    Did anyone get a contract today?

Nope I'd say it'll be Thursday or Friday you will get a text to say that the contract has been posted.

I seen one of my Friends got his contract today lads I didn't even know he'd got an offer hadn't asked him as I know his panel number and thought he wouldn't of il just add in its a good bit more than 70! Seems to be a lot of people not taking positions

• Registered Users Posts: 41 corkemt

sjb25 wrote: »
    I seen one of my Friends got his contract today lads I didn't even know he'd got an offer hadn't asked him as I know his panel number and thought he wouldn't of il just add in its a good bit more than 70! Seems to be a lot of people not taking positions

I'm actually in between 70 & 75, expressed interest but obviously, they've jumped me, had my mind set on sept so not to bothered. Not very impressed though

corkemt wrote: »
    I'm actually in between 70 & 75, expressed interest but obviously, they've jumped me, had my mind set on sept so not to bothered. Not very impressed though

How would they of jumped you? did they not receive you're expression or something??? god I wouldn't be impressed at all with that did you ring them!!
    the guy I'm talking about had a panel number in the very early 80s well unless he was lying like but he would have no reason to and he told me that the time we got on the panel so I'd believe it

he said he was contacted a week after everybody else and asked if he wanted to take up an offer and he jumped at it got his contract Friday

sjb25 wrote: »
    How would they of jumped you? did they not receive you're expression or something??? god I wouldn't be impressed at all with that did you ring them!!
    the guy I'm talking about had a panel number in the very early 80s well unless he was lying like but he would have no reason to and he told me that the time we got on the panel so I'd believe it

he said he was contacted a week after everybody else and asked if he wanted to take up an offer and he jumped at it got his contract Friday

I don't know how this could have happened but what I do know is that it's not the first time, it happened in the ICO the last time as well. Obviously id have loved to have started it in May but with only 1-2 weeks left to starting date, there wouldn't be enough now for pre-study, etc. I will ring them though and just see where they have me placed on the panel as they re number candidates for next class. I did express interest and received email of recival back. It's kind of annoying no offence. 😌

• Advertisement

Very best of luck to all you guys starting in the morning!!!!!!! Try get some sleep tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Donadea lad

Has anybody here gone for or know anybody who has joined the london ambulance service as emergency ambulance crew.

September class x12 posts in balinasloe

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tiny75

Did any one here go for ballinasloe or hear back yet.

I heard nothing yet, fingers crossed

tiny75 wrote: »
    Did any one here go for ballinasloe or hear back yet.

Went for it alright didn't hear back well apart from them saying the received my expression of interest not really expecting to get it still to far was hoping for more than 12 this round but ah wel what's another few months and all that :):o:rolleyes:

corkemt wrote: »
    I heard nothing yet, fingers crossed

I'd say Monday for offers

• Registered Users Posts: 1 2010grad

Just got offered a place this morning.!

2010grad wrote: »
    Just got offered a place this morning.!

Well done congrats :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Has anyone any idea how many people are left on the panel and when do you think the hse may recruit again or if the will recruit at all before college degree program in 2016

Advertisement