Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student paramedic 2013

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 corkemt

Gawley wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long after the closing date for expressions of interest it is before offers are sent out?

Just adding up the positiions that have been advertised since this panel went live, this 30 brings it to 111.

(that doesnt include what was left over from previous panel, also there may have been people higher up on panel who didnt take offer before and who may do so now but it gives a ball park figure)

About a week or little less you should get an offer after EOI, however in the previous classes, they have offered half the class a place within <7 days and the other half of class a place about another 7 days after the first lot of offers, hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gawley

great thanks corkemt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

Many congrats to those who have made it for this class.

For the rest, keep the heads up, they are starting to motor through this panel, won't be long before you get your call.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭sjb25

Best email evvvvver :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sj efr

Got the email too !
    keep your heads up guys I think this class makes it 85+ this year so hopefully your turn won't be long coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Parafox

Anyone know the highest number to get an offer this time round?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sj efr

my panel number is between 105 - 110, dont want to put exact number up until everything is signed ans sealed

My number is within the same range as sj efr and I also got an offer

Thanks lads just curious . I'll probably get the next class. I wouldn't advise anyone to put actual panel number up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Blackbetty35

Any one know any cheap accommodation in tallaght or what's the norm for previous students regarding accommodation??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 navaradave

Any one know any cheap accommodation in tallaght or what's the norm for previous students regarding accommodation??

The maldron hotel in tallaght do a rate for NAS staff. 180 a week for 2 people

• Registered Users Posts: 16 newby88

Hi all, just wondering if anyone who has started in any of the most recent classes can give any feedback on how you are getting on? Is the training what you expected? Is there anything you would have done before starting to make you more prepared for the training?
    I will hopefully get called in the next class so just want to know what I should be doing to prepare for it! Thanks in advance.

Any news of another class being started soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 smokie32

emails of expression of interest went out Wednesday with offers out today. Class due to start end of April with a class of 23.

Anyone on here get an offer. Where are they on the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tiernan Martin

Hi guys, Just two quick question from an aspiring Paramedic. How is the application form laid out? and I understand there are competency based essay style questions. Broadly what do they ask in these questions? Thank you

Hi guys, Just two quick question from an aspiring Paramedic. How is the application form laid out? and I understand there are competency based essay style questions. Broadly what do they ask in these questions? Thank you

The application is like any normal job application where you have worked school etc the rest is as you say the competency based bit They are like short essays u write about a scenario where u think you showed an ability to meet the competency eg team work, working under pressure that kind of stuff you write a example of how you have shown this and they will ask you questions on what you have wrote in the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭madmaxvideo

Anyone know how many are left on the existing panel? Word is there was enough for two classes, one started last week and the next is this summer, any truth?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

The HSE send out offers via email today for 24 student paramedics starting July 4th in Ballinasloe

Can anyone tell me what the parking is like at the training centre in tallaght?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭medic780

newby88 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the parking is like at the training centre in tallaght?

There's parking in Aldi but you have to pay for it you can buy tickets which entitle you to so many entries and exits. If you are staying in the Maldron you can park your car there for free and walk up

medic780 wrote: »
    There's parking in Aldi but you have to pay for it you can buy tickets which entitle you to so many entries and exits. If you are staying in the Maldron you can park your car there for free and walk up

Thanks medic780, I'll be commuting from home so will look into the aldi carpark.

newby88 wrote: »
    Thanks medic780, I'll be commuting from home so will look into the aldi carpark.

It's €4 a day You can get a 20 visit pass for €40 and I think a 5 visit for €12 aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Garfin

I was selected for this panel but haven't had any correspondence for a long time who can I contact to find out more information?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 corkemt

Garfin wrote: »
    I was selected for this panel but haven't had any correspondence for a long time who can I contact to find out more information?

Contact manorhamilton. Contact number should be on the front page of application form! Best wishes

Garfin wrote: »

This panel was disbanded back in June. As they could not get the numbers required for a ballinasloe class. They then ran another recruitment campaign to form a new panel.
    If your still interested they have just advertised a campaign in the last 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Garfin

Parafox wrote: »
    This panel was disbanded back in June. As they could not get the numbers required for a ballinasloe class. They then ran another recruitment campaign to form a new panel.
    If your still interested they have just advertised a campaign in the last 2 days.
    I had an email back to say they notified me of the panel expiring back in April but I couldn't find it when I looked. Don't think I will go through it again, moved on in another direction now thanks for the reply.

Advertisement