Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student paramedic 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

Results out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gawley

wow couldnt believe they had them out so soon. That God all the hard work paid off

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Flaker

Top ten!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭EMTFlynn

Very happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 smokie32

Happy days. 68 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 newby88

Does anyone know how many will get through to interview and how many will eventually get on the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭antichrist

I can't believe they're only taking the first 32

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

antichrist wrote: »
    I can't believe they're only taking the first 32

Where did you hear this

Lads. I'd be carefully about posting your panel numbers on this. It identifies ye to the powers that be.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mad1c

"Lads. I'd be carefully about posting your panel numbers on this. It identifies ye to the powers that be."

Good advice, as for the "First 32", is that factual or a number thrown out to get reaction??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Scienceless

Well done to all who got good news today, myself included.

Will the actual number to be interviewed be reduced further based on the application forms that have yet to be sent out to those that were successful at the aptitude tests, or does everybody who passed the aptitude tests get an interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭madmaxvideo

Well done to all who got good news today, myself included.

Will the actual number to be interviewed be reduced further based on the application forms that have yet to be sent out to those that were successful at the aptitude tests, or does everybody who passed the aptitude tests get an interview?

Congrats lads, another step in the right direction. I've been told the next stage will be further short listing, they will base the application on relevant experience and demonstration of ability based on written scenarios, how true this is I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gawley

far as I know the next stage is an 'application' for the interview and they take people based on these applications for the final shortlist. The endorsements on your licence and leaving cert results may reduce the number another bit as well.

Thought they were looking for a panel of 100, not really sure

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Congratulations to all of you who have gotten this far. Now you must prepare should you be called for interview.
    My advice would be to talk to Paramedics who came through the recent process and also arrange a visit to an Ambulance Station and Command & Control Centre, keep in mind that the Dublin control will be the hub for communication for the country very soon so it might be worth trying there;)
    Know all about the Ambulance Service, the running of and mission statement, know about Command & Control, the grading of and despatching of calls.
    Research and prepare then some more. Know all there is about the training programme for Student Paramedics, the length of training, modules etc.

There are a few of us on here who may be in a position to help some of you, depending on what part of the country you are living.

The best of luck with the next stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Parafox

Can any of yee explain how the interview process goes. I thought that i read somewhere that the interview will be done in bands of 30 based on the aptitude results. Can anyone clarify?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 stones55

Parafox wrote: »
    Can any of yee explain how the interview process goes. I thought that i read somewhere that the interview will be done in bands of 30 based on the aptitude results. Can anyone clarify?

It is not solely based on the aptitude. You will first submit the competencies and then you should get an interview date. There could be 5/6 interview boards with a maximum of 8 people per day per board and ran over X amount of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

adam88 wrote: »
    Lads. I'd be carefully about posting your panel numbers on this. It identifies ye to the powers that be.

What he said folks. Just be careful. You mightn't post anything here but you might have in another forum or may do so in the future that can get you into trouble. Some have deleted posts with their places already. If anyone wants me to edit a post please pm me.

Otherwise, on behalf of myself and my co mods.....best of luck and hope to see ye on the road soon;)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 B25

Hi Guys,

I have 2 penalty points on my licence. Are penalty points an endorsement on my licence and does this mean I am not eligible???

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

B25 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I have 2 penalty points on my licence. Are penalty points an endorsement on my licence and does this mean I am not eligible???

I'm fairly sure that's fine, otherwise half the candidates wouldn't be eligible :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 EMT87

B25 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I have two penalty points for driving with a mobile phone aswel. Was very worried about them when it came to the ICO but there was no problem. Got on the ICO panel and never a word. So im in the same suitation again with stage 3 of the Trainee Paramedic application but it should be the same results. Very few are without penalty points these days with these speed vans. Penalty points are not and endorsement so relax and best of luck!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Penalty points aren't an endorsement....but you still must inform your employer if you have points or accumulate them. It is/will be part of your employment contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭McCoy

Hello all,
    firstly well done to all with the results, would anyone know if i am guaranteed to go onto the next stage (i placed just over 100 on panel) I've heard people saying its only the first 30 or so going onto the interview .... surely not??
    I'll get the interview pack next friday at least , ya??
    from my understanding there will be 100 or so ahead of me for interviews, depending however many are eligible and how many are actually called for interview, after that sucessful candidates will recieve a new order of merit number based on the interview result... Am i correct in this ??
    Cheers folks

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

McCoy wrote: »
    Hello all,
    firstly well done to all with the results, would anyone know if i am guaranteed to go onto the next stage (i placed just over 100 on panel) I've heard people saying its only the first 30 or so going onto the interview .... surely not??
    I'll get the interview pack next friday at least , ya??
    from my understanding there will be 100 or so ahead of me for interviews, depending however many are eligible and how many are actually called for interview, after that sucessful candidates will recieve a new order of merit number based on the interview result... Am i correct in this ??
    Cheers folks

We are led to believe that the plan is to form a panel of 90+ candidates to go forward for training, this would necessitate to the need to interview 100+ potential candidates as not everyone would pass the interview.

I don't know where some people are saying only thirty are going for interview, those who have stated this could you please point me in the right direction to where you seen this? You are only serving to cause unnecessary duress to other potential candidates.

For those through to the next stage, stay positive and get your paperwork and relevant affairs in order.

The best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Hightower21

After your application form is submitted, it will be reviewed and then they decide to call for interview. It is not guarantee that if you are in the top 100, 200 etc that you will be called for interview.

Just make sure that you get some advice on filling out the form. and don't bull$hit....too much!

Does anyone know how many people were successful at the aptitude test?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 B25

Thanks for that. I am delighted my penalty points aren't a big problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

borrch wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many people were successful at the aptitude test?

Wel I no a guy who was successful with order of merit over 200

sjb25 wrote: »
    Wel I no a guy who was successful with order of merit over 200

thanks for that, so probably more than half of us will get through to the interview stage :o

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭antichrist

Bang Bang wrote: »

I don't know where some people are saying only thirty are going for interview, those who have stated this could you please point me in the right direction to where you seen this? You are only serving to cause unnecessary duress to other potential candidates.

Looking through this thread I must retract my previous comment about 30 being accepted.

On an unrelated note.....ensure you are logged out of the work computer before heading out on an AS1.......had some explaining to do regarding emails sent from my hse account! !!

• Advertisement

antichrist wrote: »
    Looking through this thread I must retract my previous comment about 30 being accepted.

On an unrelated note.....ensure you are logged out of the work computer before heading out on an AS1.......had some explaining to do regarding emails sent from my hse account! !!

Happened to me in another job. My own fault really for leaving myself logged in though

Advertisement