Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student paramedic 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ainom

Happened to me recently. Apparently I had to resign my position due to uncontrolled rectal incontinence. . Funny as f##k watching my boss trying to bring the subject up..

adam88 wrote: »
    Happened to me in another job. My own fault really for leaving myself logged in though

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fittond

If anyone has the attachment for the breakdown of dates for interviews etc that public jobs emailed, would greatly appreciate a link or pm. Cant seem to find it... Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

fittond wrote: »
    If anyone has the attachment for the breakdown of dates for interviews etc that public jobs emailed, would greatly appreciate a link or pm. Cant seem to find it... Thanks in advance

I think it's gone of public jobs I have a copy saved this what it says on dates "Applicants who complete their application form and are called for interview, where will it happen? It is anticipated that Interviews will be scheduled centrally in Dublin on week commencing 29th July 2013. Therefore we strongly advise that you note these dates in your diary now. It is unlikely that an alternative interview date and time can be offered."

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

fittond wrote: »

Pm me your email address and I'll forward on the PDF :)

borrch wrote: »
    Pm me your email address and I'll forward on the PDF :)

Should of said I can do the same for anybody who wants it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭McCoy

Weren't we supposed to be placed in Band A B C etc... after tests??
    Does anyone know if this is still the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gawley

McCoy wrote: »
    Weren't we supposed to be placed in Band A B C etc... after tests??
    Does anyone know if this is still the case?

what does that mean then? From what I see if you passed aptitude then you are still not guaranteed an interview, bit unfair telling people they are successful and then no interview.

Does anyone know the cut off for interview, an anxious wait now to see if I made it.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

Gawley wrote: »
    what does that mean then? From what I see if you passed aptitude then you are still not guaranteed an interview, bit unfair telling people they are successful and then no interview.

Does anyone know the cut off for interview, an anxious wait now to see if I made it.:eek:

Nobody has made it for interview yet, regardless of how you did on the Aptitude test.

There is another stage before the Interview process, which you will receive in the post. You will basically be asked to provide some additional information along with providing some relevant (TRUE Life) stories in relation to some topics.

Depending on how you score in that, will determine if you make it to the interview stage.

I suppose it all depends how big a panel they want and how the applications for interview go. Ah well it's not too long to go now to hear some news on it, we'll just have to be patient

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pauld81

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭madmaxvideo

Anyone know if the application packs are out by email or post??

Anyone know if the application packs are out by email or post??

Email as far as I'm aware "How will I receive my Application Form? Applicants will receive their competency based application form by email to the email address which they provided when they originally applied on-line for the campaign. Applicants will also receive a text alert to their mobile number informing that an application form has been sent to their email address. When will I receive my Application Form? You will receive your application form to your email address on 24th May 2013"

Thanks, I remember I had read that on the info booklet! Thought someone on here had mentioned them posting it, just anxious, ye know yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Application form arrived today, 2 weeks from today to fill out and submit. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 herself_there

flazio wrote: »
    Application form arrived today, 2 weeks from today to fill out and submit. :)

Heads up folks. Was just in the tax office. It takes 5 working days to receive your driving licence printout in the post. Get your skates on!

Applications out :) Does anyone know how many are placed in each band?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

Heads up folks. Was just in the tax office. It takes 5 working days to receive your driving licence printout in the post. Get your skates on!

I got mine printed there & then in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 49 herself_there

borrch wrote: »
    I got mine printed there & then in Galway

Fecks sake.
    You gotta love the tax office

mine said they have to post it out, suppose it depends where you are

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭medic780

Also a note to anybody who hasn't got their original leaving certificate it can take up to six weeks for these to come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Parafox

medic780 wrote: »
    Also a note to anybody who hasn't got their original leaving certificate it can take up to six weeks for these to come.

I'd suggest that anyone in this boat go to there old school to get the relivent info then get yourself to athlone and give them all the info you have an tell them your happy to wait while they print it out for you.
    It's easy for someone to say no to you if there on the other end of a phone. There not so regemental when you turn up in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭McCoy

man this form is so hard... my brain is completely fried...

• Registered Users Posts: 42 stones55

McCoy wrote: »
    man this form is so hard... my brain is completely fried...

Get some help from someone who has gone through it. There is a structure to the essays.

stones55 wrote: »
    Get some help from someone who has gone through it. There is a structure to the essays.

Good advice I got sum help from somebody and it helped alot

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭19hz

Long shot here but does anyone know what the Irish Proficiency assessment consists of?
    Is it like the Leaving Cert Oral? Is it just a chat? Or is it a specific set of criteria?..

19hz wrote: »
    Long shot here but does anyone know what the Irish Proficiency assessment consists of?
    Is it like the Leaving Cert Oral? Is it just a chat? Or is it a specific set of criteria?..

I'll be honest i havent a clue. But it would make sence if they gave you a scenario with a sick patient and you have to conduct your primary and secondary surveys through irish. This way they would know if you could communicate with an irish speaking patient and get an accurate working prognoses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

You need Irish as well! What if your a foreign national?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭flazio

iceage wrote: »
    You need Irish as well! What if your a foreign national?
    The Irish competency test is optional, I doubt that it's any real advantage to placing on the panel however.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭19hz

flazio wrote: »
    The Irish competency test is optional, I doubt that it's any real advantage to placing on the panel however.

Agreed but if its not a ridiculously hard test then there is no harm in having it.

• Advertisement

Folks went to get copy of Penalty Points Summary today. Got email from NRS and it says the following "Please note a Penalty Points Summary on its own will not suffice as Penalty Points are separate and are not considered an endorsement"

Dose anyone know what exactly there looking for?

Advertisement