Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get songs from Iphone onto new laptop?

• 04-04-2013 8:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

So basically I bought a new Macbook and when I received it I proceeded the format my old laptop now all my songs are only stored on my iPhone.

What is the easiest way to transfer the songs from my iPhone to the Macbook?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

Not sure about a mac but you could try itools.

Mac version http://itools.hk/en_mac_download.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Can't you sync the iPhone with your new MB ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Piliger wrote: »
    Can't you sync the iPhone with your new MB ?
    Doing so will erase all songs or videos that were synced from the previous library.
    Go to sharepod.com and there's a link there for using it with a mac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Thanks I will try sharepod and itools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

guil wrote: »
    Doing so will erase all songs or videos that were synced from the previous library.
    But when I lost all of my music from my iMac last year I still had it all on my iPhone. I just synced it and it all moved back to my iMac .... does that not still apply ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

What's the easiest way to transfer music from my Ipod to ITunes?

Piliger wrote: »
    But when I lost all of my music from my iMac last year I still had it all on my iPhone. I just synced it and it all moved back to my iMac .... does that not still apply ?

Shouldn't have worked like that but maybe because it was from the same library, I dunno.

Usually if you sync with your own pc/mac and then try do it with any other one that has a different library, all the previosly synced music/vids will be replaced

patmac wrote: »
    What's the easiest way to transfer music from my Ipod to ITunes?

Sharepod to copy it to the pc and then import it to itunes

Advertisement