Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish plumber looking for licence

Options
  • 04-04-2013 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

I've been told by people I can get a plumbing licence easy! When I contacted the Darwin university they tell me I've to sit an exam which will entitle me to a journey man ticket, which means I'm still no more than a labourer.

Does it make a difference which state your in or am I approaching it the wrong way?

Btw I'm sick of concrete!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cikearney

Met a guy on site today from IS Australia, they deal with apprentiships. He told me what I already knew about trade recognition in the NT with is that you do an assessment and they give you a journey man ticket which is **** all.

After a few phone calls he told me I could get a plumbing licence in QLD by filling in a form, posting Certs, references, photos and any other relevant evedence of my plumbing background and if they are satisfied, they will issue me a plumbing licence

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

Do you have the number you rang or any other details? My friend is trying to get himself sorted with his plumbing license.

Im an electrician and did what you mentioned, sent references and exam results from WIT but all I got was the australian electrical craft cert.

Do you have the number you rang or any other details? My friend is trying to get himself sorted with his plumbing license.

Im an electrician and did what you mentioned, sent references and exam results from WIT but all I got was the australian electrical craft cert.

I'm just waiting on an email with all the details and ill post all relevant info. What state is the cert and what does it qualify you to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

cikearney wrote: »
    I'm just waiting on an email with all the details and ill post all relevant info. What state is the cert and what does it qualify you to do?

Its the same as the craft cert at home, basically says your an electrician and it allows you to apply to do the exam for the license.
    Plumbing may be different, the electrical license exam is mostly on the regulations of Australia which are different to Ireland.

http://www.hpw.qld.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx

Follow the link, download, complete and send off forms:
    Form21- Application for a licence
    Form27—Proof Of Identity And Document Declaration Form
    Form33—Declaration Of Plumbing Qualifications And Experience
    Form34—Declaration Of Drainage Qualifications And Experience

I just types form X into the search engine to locate.

I am sending off completed forms, certified copies of cert, card, apprentiship assessment book (front and back, assessment stickers and contact info), Letters from previous employers to state that I was a competent trades person and had completed X tatks whilst employed with them and my passport. I was going to send a copy of my driving licence as id but it has my NT address on it and im applying for a QLD licence with my QLD address and don't want to be caught out.

Hope this helps anyone looking to be recognised as a plumber in Austalia, also other states have to accept your licence under the mutual trades recognition within Australia or some act.

• Advertisement
Advertisement