Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Static Hair driving me insane

• 04-04-2013 11:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

So my hair has been static for the last 2 weeks and its driving me insane. Anyone know the cause of this?
    My hair is just past shoulder length and I usually wash every second day. I change shampoos alot as I find if I use same shampoo all the time my hair is dull and limp. so I have 2 shampoos on the go at the minute (swop each time I wash hair) L'oreal and Pantene Pro-v. Ive used both before and had no problems. I sometimes find when I put a colour in my hair its a bit static for first few days and I put a colour in about 3 weeks ago.
    on the other hand Id had lots of compliments that my hair is so healthy and shiny! crazy!
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭glitzandbits

How do you style your hair? You might be over styling it with heat, causing frizz. I recommend using a styling spray such as Frizz-ease by John Frieda before drying. You could also use a hair oil such as Moroccan oil to keep your hair in control. Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

With a used tumble dryer sheet run it along your hair, don't sqeeze it, just barely touch it off your hair lightly running it all around the ends.

It's amazing. Changed my life when I discovered this.

I suffered from this issue for a long time, I always assumed my GHD was the cause because that always seemed to make it worse. I always used the same shampoo. A hair dresser once suggested that might be the cause of it so I changed to something else and it worked. I very rarely get static hair anymore. The odd time I do I still use the tumble dryer sheet trick :)

That's probably not your issue tho because you say you change shampoo regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Static in hair will always be worse in a period of dry, cold weather. Well moisturised hair won't suffer as much from static build-up so use a deep moisturising treatment once a week or so until the lovely rain is back, sigh, won't be long now!

Oh yea it could be your brush too: if you're using a brush with synthetic bristles, try spraying it with a little hairspray before brushing your hair: you might need to respray the brush a couple of times if you have alot of hair. Ultimately a natural bristle brush with a wooden handle would be the least reactive and should reduce static buildup hugely

Advertisement