Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy pomade in Dublin?

Options
  • 04-04-2013 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi guys, wondering if anybody knows a central location in Dublin that sells pomade? Preferably a place selling it closer to the student budget end of things!
    Also, if anybody has tips on what type of pomade to go for (shaved back and sides, short/medium on top - pompadour style), that'd be great too!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭cannonballer

The best Pomade that I know is the American Crew version, its water soluble.

You can get it from any good mens barber shops most seem to stock American Crew products its about 10-12 euro.

In the city centre i think the barbers room on college street stock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Yay pomade questions!!!

Pomade is hard to pick up in Dublin- I pretty much order everything online. I personally prefer beeswax based, but they're non existent here!

Dax is great, and very readily available. The hair shaper and super neat varieties are washable just with water, the other stuff needs some serious degreasing. The daxes are available on boots and practically all chemists, max for a jar will be €5. Black and White is available in boots, about €6 and its awesome. Smells amazing, and its the pomade James Dean used, so it's got heritage!

I also really like the pomade that the Waldorf Barbers make in house. It's more expensive (€13 a tin) but its brilliant. Great hold, easy to use and it smells like chocolate. Win!

Sorry, I'm obsessed with pomade. I have like 15 different tins of different types!!!

Advertisement