Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Secure Wave

Options
  • 04-04-2013 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi

My problem is that I have put in a new HKC Wave and I am getting Ext Bell tamper open and in bell test the Ext bell is not sounding

When I open the Sabb it sounds
    If I remove the Ext bell in the panel the Sabb Sounds
    I have taken out Sabb resistor and put in panel this does not clear the Ext bell tamper open.

Any Help Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sounds like there is no power or hold off going to the external bell.
    Have you checked all the connections?
    If you remove the Bell Hold off & tamper return & wire the resistor across those does the tamper go away?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 davereid

Thanks for the help

Where does the Ext bell and sabb hold get its power from is it the Ext bell terminals in the control panel.

All the connections look fine does the polarity matter.

I did not try put the resistor in panel

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The external gets permanent 12 volts DC from the panel with bell + & a permanent - .
    Polarity is important here.

I see the new HKC panel has a new strobe + - in the panel is it better to use this.

And we the panel is out of engineering the two red led flash normallly what does this mean

Thanks

All the +s are permanent so its all the one.
    The Strobe - & Bell - must be connected to their own triggers.

• Advertisement

in the new panel do i use the new strobe +/ or as with the old panel use the internal bell

also is the sab hold and the tamper return the tamper circuit and by putting the resistor across it should this close it

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

davereid wrote: »
    in the new panel do i use the new strobe +/ or as with the old panel use the internal bell

also is the sab hold and the tamper return the tamper circuit and by putting the resistor across it should this close it

thanks

On the Secure wave there are separate terminals for each of them.
    The internal also has its own terminal to be wired into.
    So the strobe goes into strobe external into external.
    Just make sure you follow the correct positive and negative for each.

The resistor needs to be taken out of the control panel.
    Wire into BHO and wire into tamper return.
    In the bell wire the return wire leg in with one leg of the resistor, if it is a HKC bell it will indicate to panel on the left hand side as you look at it.

davereid wrote: »

In newer systems the strobe is a separate output. This allows you to have the strobe continue after the bell cut out time.

Sorted the cable was cut

Thanks for the help

Glad we could help, happy to see you got it sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Kilkenny30

Hey guys just wondering I have a rf Saab which is wireless and run by batteries and I am wondering can I use a permanent 12volt supply and add it into my wireless hkc system.the panel I have is the 1070.

Kilkenny30 wrote: »
    Hey guys just wondering I have a rf Saab which is wireless and run by batteries and I am wondering can I use a permanent 12volt supply and add it into my wireless hkc system.the panel I have is the 1070.

Yes, Ideally with a back up power supply with battery to back that up in the event of the mains being off rather than just a 12v transformer.

altor wrote: »
    Yes, Ideally with a back up power supply with battery to back that up in the event of the mains being off rather than just a 12v transformer.

When i am terminating thus bell i have 2 cores connected into my external bell at the panel and two cores connected at the external bell. do i need any more cores for tamper etc or do i need to install a resistor in the external bell???

When i am terminating thus bell i have 2 cores connected into my external bell at the panel and two cores connected at the external bell. do i need any more cores for tamper etc or do i need to install a resistor in the external bell???

If it is the wire free bell then no you dont.
    There is a tamper switch that is bent to suit the wall which your fitting the bell too.

Thats great thanks a lot. So when i am programming this into the system would i be correct in saying there should a resistor between the tamper return and the BHO in the 1070 panel which would allow me to close the tamper when it is called up on the keypad, when adding a device???

Thats great thanks a lot. So when i am programming this into the system would i be correct in saying there should a resistor between the tamper return and the BHO in the 1070 panel which would allow me to close the tamper when it is called up on the keypad, when adding a device???

That is correct. The resistor should be fitted already in the control panel.

That is correct. The resistor should be fitted already in the control panel.
    Thats great thanks very much for all your help. Much appreciated.

Thats great thanks very much for all your help. Much appreciated.

No problem, more than happy to help.

I have tested my outdoor siren from the panel and works fine but when I try add it to the system it keeps saying close tamper on rf Saab, I have 3 cores connected in panel positive and negative on external bell, I also have a core connected to the bho in the panel which is connected to the tamperA on the external bell. There is also a resistor between the tamper return and the bho in the control panel. What am I doing wrong I need help please?..

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

There are 2 types of sirens wired only and wirefree (rf). The situation is being confused because the hkc rf siren can be wired as well but only to give it power.
    You should only have 2 wires going to the siren + and - which are connected to the 12v + and - terminals in the control panel. These terminals are located next to the keypad terminals.
    You do not use any of the external siren terminals in the control panel which are for wired sirens only. The resistor is simply left in the control panel to close the tamper circuit for wired external sirens.
    You must also remove the battery pack from the siren as this will not be needed you can take the batteries out of it and use them for something else if you can. There are 6 of them and they are worth about 3 euro each.

• Advertisement

John,
    Thanks a million for your help, very much appreciated.

I have connected my 12 volt supply to the panel and the rf Saab is I'd correctly and the external bell goes off in test mode but not in alarm mode. Is there something else wrong?..

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

There is a thing called a local alarm where only the internal siren activates in some circumstances. I think that might happen if you do a fullset and then trigger the alarm before the 30 seconds is up. Have you tried fullset and wait till its fully armed and then set if off on a zone thats not exit/entry?

Thanks john ,
    Everything working fine again.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 panoodles

If it is the wire free bell then no you dont.
    There is a tamper switch that is bent to suit the wall which your fitting the bell too.

Altor, in regards to the tamper switch on the HKC SABB.

I have fitted the SABB and the tamper switch will only open if lid is lifted off box. There is a piece of plastic holding switch so it is not against the wall of the house. Should this be cut to allow tamper operate if pulled off the wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

panoodles wrote: »

I have fitted the SABB and the tamper switch will only open if lid is lifted off box. There is a piece of plastic holding switch so it is not against the wall of the house. Should this be cut to allow tamper operate if pulled off the wall?

If its a wireless bell you need to cut the tab and bend the switch so it hits the wall.
    It won't effect how the bell operates its just a pry off tamper for standards

panoodles wrote: »

I just bend the metal part of the tamper switch to suit. There should be no need to break off the bit that it is sitting against.

Advertisement