Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid bill early

Options
  • 04-04-2013 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

Hi

I called to pay my bill of  169.99 on 28thMarch payment was taken over the phone by your colleague Visa.

The payment has since come out of my account again by direct debit, when I called to pay your colleague told me the payment won’t  come out now by direct debit the payment has actually come out by DD

I called your customer service line and was  he can’t refund me I will have to 6 workings that another 14 days to get the refund? as the   direct debit in the process being debited (it has come from my account), can you refund the laser payment that was made over the phone?

I have done nothing wrong but pay my bill early and I’m being treated poorly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi neveah-2die-4,

Apologies that the telephone advisor said there was enough time between your payment over the telephone and the direct debit date to prevent a cross-over. The length of time can vary depending on the bank (e.g. if it is the same bank as that of Electric Ireland, there is a chance it could take less time to clear) so the maximum amount of time should be taken into consideration and it is likely the advisor under-estimated (in error) the amount of time required.
    I will investigate this for you if you private message me your Electric Ireland account number and your name/address in full, as well as either the contact telephone number on your account or your date of birth.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

PM sent , thank you

Advertisement