Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Left short JSB casual cheque

• 04-04-2013 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

Hi all just wondering if anyone is in a similar situation, I get a weekly JSB rate of 188 and I work occasionally so for each day worked I lose 1/5th of the payment which is fine, I didnt work any days in the last 2 weeks but for some reason only got 37.60 this week as opposed to 188.00,I visited the local SW office and as usual they werent helpful at all and seemed uninterested she more or less told me it may be because of the bank holiday I got docked 80% payment.which didnt make much sense to me?I asked how im meant to survive on 37.60 for the week and if I would be getting full payment next week plus what I was owed and shes just said "I dont know its happened to quite a few people this week"anyone know whats going on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

That's not an acceptable answer.

I could understand if you were left €37.60 short in your payment. You would've been deducted for the bank holiday but to only receive that amount and not be given any reason for it, not good enough.

Go back and ask for a supervisor if you don't get the answers you are looking for.

Is it possible that you mixed up your X's and O's and maybe filled in the docket wrong?
    But even still if you did that, you'd get NO payment........

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jovetic

Did you fill in the X's and O's correctly?

Have you received holiday pay for the period?

Phone or check back with your SW office :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

€37.60 is only 1 days money. Any chance you only worked 1 days and put in O's for the not worked days and X's for the worked days. If that was the case they will probably look for a letter from your employer to confirm the days that you worked during that week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

Sue Ellen wrote: »
    €37.60 is only 1 days money. Any chance you only worked 1 days and put in O's for the not worked days and X's for the worked days. If that was the case they will probably look for a letter from your employer to confirm the days that you worked during that week.
    no im 100% sure I filled the dockets in correctly as I always double/treble check them,on my cheque it normally has payment period 01/03/13-07/03/13 etc, but just noticed for some reason it had payment period 21/03/13-21/03/13.

Also the minimum payment is 75.20 as anything over 3 days worked is classed as full time work and no payment is made so the minimum they will pay is 40% of the weekly rate,I guess i-ll just have to wait for next weeks cheque and see if it has been rectified if not I suppose i-ll have to pop in again and hopefully speak to someone more helpful,thanks for the help guys also the employer(security) pays no bank holiday payment whatsoever its a flat €10 an hour rate 24/7-365,sometimes I feel like i-d be better off just quitting the job because im already losing 37.60(excluding expenses) to earn 50-60 quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

triple-M wrote: »
    no im 100% sure I filled the dockets in correctly as I always double/treble check them,on my cheque it normally has payment period 01/03/13-07/03/13 etc, but just noticed for some reason it had payment period 21/03/13-21/03/13.

Also the minimum payment is 75.20 as anything over 3 days worked is classed as full time work and no payment is made so the minimum they will pay is 40% of the weekly rate,I guess i-ll just have to wait for next weeks cheque and see if it has been rectified if not I suppose i-ll have to pop in again and hopefully speak to someone more helpful,thanks for the help guys also the employer(security) pays no bank holiday payment whatsoever its a flat €10 an hour rate 24/7-365,sometimes I feel like i-d be better off just quitting the job because im already losing 37.60(excluding expenses) to earn 50-60 quid

If the date was only 1 day then your JB claim has exhausted. Contact the office re applying for JB again otherwise it will be JA.
    If you have 13 paid contributions after 156 days on claim then you could get JB again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

Sue Ellen wrote: »
    If the date was only 1 day then your JB claim has exhausted. Contact the office re applying for JB again otherwise it will be JA.
    If you have 13 paid contributions after 156 days on claim then you could get JB again.
    that could be it actually,pity the girl behind the counter wasnt very helpful and couldnt check it out for me there and then,suppose i-ll have to go in again find out what to do now

Advertisement