Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about a comic/character/story? Ask here

Options
  • 04-04-2013 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭

If the mods don't mind, I decided to set up a thread for asking questions that people may have about anything comic related that may be confusing them or just curious about.

The reason being I was reading X Factor at the weekend and they had a splash of loads of the Marvel Universe heroes fighting and one of them looked like The Thing but with a woman's head. And I was wondering who it was, or did Ben have an accident?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

CastorTroy wrote: »
    If the mods don't mind, I decided to set up a thread for asking questions that people may have about anything comic related that may be confusing them or just curious about.

The reason being I was reading X Factor at the weekend and they had a splash of loads of the Marvel Universe heroes fighting and one of them looked like The Thing but with a woman's head. And I was wondering who it was, or did Ben have an accident?

FF introduced a don't ask don't tell, rest is history.

unless it was she thing? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharon_Ventura

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah just found it myself via Marvel's site. Turns out she's a member of FF by the name of Darla Deering, aka Ms. Thing
    http://www.comicvine.com/ms-thing/4005-85284/
    Just looks really weird.

Not really a FF fan so wasn't sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

She's pretty new....only appeared in the new vol of FF by Fraction and Allred. Team consists of Her, Ant-man, She Hulk and Medusa

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Good idea for a thread....Why is Guido on the opposite side to Madrox ?

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Good idea for a thread....Why is Guido on the opposite side to Madrox ?
    Guido died and was brought back by Layla but without a soul. So a few things happened including Monet and he going on a date that didn't end well eventually leading to Guido leaving the agency. And he's not so much against Jamie as he is just looking out for himself now and not worrying about others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

Thwip! wrote: »
    She's pretty new....only appeared in the new vol of FF by Fraction and Allred. Team consists of Her, Ant-man, She Hulk and Medusa

Does Johnny Storm's girlfriend wearing the clothes of his non-Spidey best pal and sister play out as weird as it sounds? Or is it just as innocent as
    making Parker breakfast in his pants and apron
    ? :p

Ha well Johnny isn't there to worry bout it at the moment...he's travelling across the galaxies with the family on Reed's search for
    a cure to their degeneration

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I read somewhere a while back that regular old Nick Fury recently appeared in the Ultimate Books... does anyone know if this actually happened?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I read somewhere a while back that regular old Nick Fury recently appeared in the Ultimate Books... does anyone know if this actually happened?

Looks like it did, though at this point I've not read any Ultimate comics in years because they forgot that their original point was to avoid getting mired in continuity.

• Advertisement

Thanks Fysh.

I dropped the Ultimate line, like everyone, after Ultimatum.
    However I picked up the first six issues of the latest Spidy series (with Miles) and the first six of the Ultimates series featuring Reed Richards as a Villain a while back and was happy enough with them. I keep meaning to get back into them my present budget won't allow it.

Great idea for a thread btw.

Has there been any hero in DC or Marvel that turned villain and used their knowledge of the other heroes' secret identities against them? I just really know of the Identity Crisis storyline.

Yep he did in order
    to infiltrate hydra and is now likely forming a new team

I'm loving the ultimate universe at the moment. I've faith that something big is going to happen
    Has there been any hero in DC or Marvel that turned villain and used their knowledge of the other heroes' secret identities against them? I just really know of the Identity Crisis storyline.

Well Red Hood was a villain for a while

Punisher recently in War zone
    kinda became the antagonist in that he had the Avengers gunning for him but he used his knowledge of them to out wit them and kick their keesters

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Maybe DC's animated film Justice league Doom? Hero doesn't turn villian but its kinda close.I think it was loosley based on some story arc.
    Batman has contingency plans to incapacitate League members should they ever go rogue but the villian(who I can't remember) steals the information.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I think it was loosley based on some story arc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JLA:_Tower_of_Babel

Along the same lines there are also these

Yep he did in order
    to infiltrate hydra and is now likely forming a new team

I'm loving the ultimate universe at the moment. I've faith that something big is going to happen

From the monthly previews/ interviews about the books you do get the impression that things are getting out of hand in that universe. It would be fun to watch Marvel decide the cancel the line and destroy the Ultimate Universe slowly in the comics.

With the exception of Ultimate Spider-Man, that's just gold every issue.

I have a feeling there's an event coming

With the exception of Ultimate Spider-Man, that's just gold every issue.

I have a feeling there's an event coming

something to do with Age of Ultron 10's "super secret" ending?
    Unlikely but it's fun to speculate.

I'd say if that Universe ever did end Miles would find himself transported over to the regular Marvel U.

Something which is teased in the Spider-Men GN by Bendis. Waiting eagerly for the sequel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

Why is Nick Fury a hologram in Marvel Civil War?

• Advertisement

ibstar wrote: »
    Why is Nick Fury a hologram in Marvel Civil War?

isnt he presumed dead, so in hiding?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

isnt he presumed dead, so in hiding?

no idea as I'm only about 70% through all the comics that are associated/lead/tie into Marvel Civil War.

I'm on the part where Tony is offered to become a SHIELD director. If the answer is somewhere after these issues, then don't tell me :)

ibstar wrote: »
    no idea as I'm only about 70% through all the comics that are associated/lead/tie into Marvel Civil War.

I'm on the part where Tony is offered to become a SHIELD director. If the answer is somewhere after these issues, then don't tell me :)

I read it last year, so Im answering partly cos I cant 100% remember and partly cos im not sure if it comes up in the story.

Ask again when you have completed more of the plot.

and Im sure someone who will know can answer.

I read it last year, so Im answering partly cos I cant 100% remember and partly cos im not sure if it comes up in the story.

Ask again when you have completed more of the plot.

and Im sure someone who will know can answer.

I think this happens later
    He comes back to form a new team of young heroes who have inherited powers or something

Read it when it happened so my memory's not great

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Question about Marvel:

Since picking up the Graphic Novel Collection after years of not regularly buying comics I would like if someone could clear up the continuity of Marvel itself

Watch a Stan Lee docu last year and they went (near?) bankrupt late 90's (when I stopped collecting!) and the name changed slightly. Marvel Now is the latest, why change to this or was it just a revamp with for all the success of the recent movies and greater interest from people and to have a starting point?

Thanks to anyone who can put the answer together in a few sentences! :)

Marvel Now isn't their new company name or anything like that. What it is the name of their new marketing plan, like DC's New 52. Where it differs with the New 52 is that it didn't abandon the continuity, instead Marvel used the end of Avengers V X-men as a new jumping on point and launch point for a load of new series, a lot of which have been fantastically successful. Granted a lot of comcis were changed to be more in line with the movies and such but a lot are trying something completely different (Superior Spidey, Uncanny Avengers, All New X-Men etc.) IMO they've handled it a lot better than DC did with the New 52

If I remember correctly, at the end of Flashpoint, Batman and The Flash were talking about what happened. Yet if Flashpoint was what supposedly created the new 52 universe, surely they wouldn't have had that discussion, or Barry would at least remember the universe as it was, yet that doesn't seem to be the case.

Was this explained?

Advertisement