Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not declaring all means ( Means Testing)

• 04-04-2013 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

A friend of mine has been claiming for the last 2 years on JSA, but at the time, had money in an account (investment) which he didnt declare. He knows this is definately something he shouldnt have done. The money was over the 20 thousand allowed before means testing kicked in, under 100 thousand. He had previously given her money prior to going on JSA also..

This money was for his daughter for a house, and when it matured (after means testing) he transferred it to his daughters account, even though it was while he was getting JSA..

Welfare have now caught up with him and are questioning him on this. Im just wondering what kind of action will be done against him. He is finding it hard to find info online so I said I'd post here for him. Would anyone know what he should expect?

I feel for him, as hes never set a foot wrong in his life and always done everything by the book, but he knows he done wrong here..

thanks
    Eamonn

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Welfare look at each case on its own merits,anything said here would be pure speculation.

Closed (as per above)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement