Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art Stores in Wexford?

Options
  • 04-04-2013 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I am an aspiring artist, and although I can buy some of my supplies online, I do like to go to my local art stores is possible.

I recently moved to Gorey in Wexford and am looking for local art stores in the area but haven't come across any. I am also looking for the closest Easons as they do many art supplies.

Does anyone know of any in Gorey town or close by?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Arts supplies available in Enniscorthy,there's a shop at the bottom of Slaney St.

Mr.Price store also has lots of arts stuff & is very reasonable.

The nearest Easons to you is in the shopping centre in Arklow.

BTW. Welcome to Co.Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

If your buying Canvas best to buy from discount stores such as Mr Right Price in Wexford town (30" by 40" is the biggest for about 15 quid) they also have good quality paints from time to time .

Selskar Bookshop in Wexford Town have a great range of paints and materials at reasonable prices. Spectrum Art in Wexford Town is well known though many considered the prices to be too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mark Mewell

In my experience, you get what you pay for. There are now Different Strokes and Art & Hobby shops in Gorey. Mr Price sells mostly tat at rock-bottom prices. Go there if that is what you think of your art. I couldn't believe it when I found Spectrum Art in Wexford stocks Michael Harding oil paint (my personal favourite). They also have artists' quality Winsor & Newton and Daler-Rowney as well as some more unusual bits like Rosemary & Co. artists' brushes. For the good stuff, I find its a lot cheaper than Dublin. Easons don't have anything out of the ordinary and last time I was in Kennedy's, the stands were half empty. I'd rather buy local than knock myself out driving to Dublin only to find they haven't got what I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

'Merica stores
    Ireland shops

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Mod Note. Thread closed.

Welcome to boards.ie Mark Mewell, but please don't resurrect an old thread,
    especially a 4 year old thread.

by the way

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement