Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennents T-Vital 2013

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

at Stone Roses (also last year) it seemed well-organised and security was very tight. Thorough bag searches, frisking and metal detectors at the gate. Hard to see any hassle occuring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Penfailed

barry194 wrote: »
    What's tennents vital like never been? Much trouble at it?

I was there for both days last year - absolutely no trouble at all :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Surely MCD would have been better trying to get Avicci for Oxegen?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

At the Foos last year and not even a sniff of trouble great gig and night after the gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 janejjjjjjj

I was at Eminem when it was in Bangor and then The Roses and the Foos last year. No trouble at all. Well organised, visible security but not intrusive, no problems getting in or out, no huge queues and a great atmosphere.

I'd be going again if there was anything that did it for me in this year's line up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Whats the story with Parking/Travel to this? I can't seem to find any information at all, there website just seems to be the 3 dates and acts..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

DC10555 wrote: »
    Whats the story with Parking/Travel to this? I can't seem to find any information at all, there website just seems to be the 3 dates and acts..

Assuming same as last year, there's a car park 5 mins walk from the gate, otherwise you can get a bus from city centre, it'd probably be 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Assuming same as last year, there's a car park 5 mins walk from the gate, otherwise you can get a bus from city centre, it'd probably be 10 mins.

There is a special train service from Belfast Victoria station also (next to the Europa hotel) which stops a 5 minute walk from the front gates. Think it was 6 or 8 pounds return!!

Well organised after the gig also!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 2K11

Just got tickets from a mate of mine for the Friday night up at Tennnets Vital so I said I'd go along for the craic, just asking people what's it like up there since I have never been there before. Any trouble or anything? Also with the recent problems in Belfast recently will it be safe to head up?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

2K11 wrote: »
    Just got tickets from a mate of mine for the Friday night up at Tennnets Vital so I said I'd go along for the craic, just asking people what's it like up there since I have never been there before. Any trouble or anything? Also with the recent problems in Belfast recently will it be safe to head up?

Was there last year there should be no trouble (should die down by the time it starts) if you want to get the pit area go early and ask the security guards when you show your tickets and they run competitions at the bar to get pit passes, (if you do want to get pit passes go between 11 - 2) + there is no problem when arriving and leaving the concert, it is well organised

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

eldest200 wrote: »
    Was there last year there should be no trouble (should die down by the time it starts) if you want to get the pit area go early and ask the security guards when you show your tickets and they run competitions at the bar to get pit passes, (if you do want to get pit passes go between 11 - 2) + there is no problem when arriving and leaving the concert, it is well organised

prob best to avoid wearing a Celtic / Ireland top up though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I've been going to gigs/festivals etc in Ireland and the UK for many years now. Last year was my first trip to T-Vital and I must say it's fantastic.

It's very well organised, the crowd which attended both days were absolute quality in terms of atmosphere and friendliness. It was really relaxed with a wide range of ages in attendance.

The security was excellent but in fairness there would have been no trouble. Transport to and from the venue was very well run (got the special return concert train from the city centre).

Belfast is a great city and the people are brilliant. Will be making this an annual event on my schedule.

Get a ticket folks and head along.

Also, went to Thin Lizzy at Belsonic last year and must say it's a great little festival also!!

AND before someone says it, I don't work for the Northern Tourist board.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 booboo636

I'm confused...I'm used to gigs in Scotland where pit pass(inner circle) is bought as a different ticket. Am I reading right that it's kinda 1st come 1st enter basis in N.I? I'm taking my friend with me and she's not used to gigs..she was worried about being crushed(which I told her was ridiculous) but would love access to the pit for her sanity sake and my obsessive gigging sake. What do you say to security, or do you just enter?xxx
    eldest200 wrote: »

booboo636 wrote: »
    I'm confused...I'm used to gigs in Scotland where pit pass(inner circle) is bought as a different ticket. Am I reading right that it's kinda 1st come 1st enter basis in N.I? I'm taking my friend with me and she's not used to gigs..she was worried about being crushed(which I told her was ridiculous) but would love access to the pit for her sanity sake and my obsessive gigging sake. What do you say to security, or do you just enter?xxx

Arrive early and you'll get into the pit...with loads of room :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 booboo636

Like how early? We are getting 7.30 ferry to B'fast. Needs to drop bags at hotel and hoping to be there for 11 at latest. Is it like 1st so many folk in queue get in?xxx
    Penfailed wrote: »
    Arrive early and you'll get into the pit...with loads of room :)

booboo636 wrote: »
    Is it like 1st so many folk in queue get in?xxx

Basically, yes.

Advertisement