Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Loan.. Joke?

Options
  • 04-04-2013 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

How hard is it to get a call back for a loan application seriously? 2 weeks now of ringing Ulster Bank Direct and being told "all our loan advisers are busy we'll take your details and give you a call back"

I then went into my branch thinking right I give up on trying over the phone, "none of our advisers are free today let me take your details and I'll call you back at 4:30"

So I went into another Branch on my lunch from work, tried again and was told no ones free now but they have an opening at 4pm, thats great but I'm in work till 5.

Have tried calling twice today and been told i'll get a call back within an hour, this was after I asked to speak to a manager who was.. yep you've guessed it not available.

I'm not trying to buy the bank or get a mortgage here like I want a 2k loan thats it for the love of god.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sakani

I'm also finding ulster bank very difficult to deal with at the moment. I've been trying to open deposit accounts since late Janurary, and since I applied to open them as online accounts, you would imagine that I didnt need to go to a branch, but actually they have lost my applications and now want me to go to a branch. I spent 3 weeks trying to call them and finally when I go to the branch, they tell me that they cannot deal with those accounts as it is a online only account. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for ulster bank to reply. 12 months after I filled in a change of address form I'm still waiting for it to be updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Chessala

I opened a new account with Permanent TSB 2 weeks ago. 1 week ago I applied for some credit facilities (Overdraft and credit card) and while I have no reply yet at least the adviser called me yesterday to inform me that he should have an answer early next week. When he didn't get me right away he also wrote an email to let me know. That's what I call service, time to switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Permanent TSB seem to be reapplying themselves to providing a good service alright.

Advertisement