Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a lap counter please

Options
  • 04-04-2013 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭

I've lost my lap counter :( I use it when I swim alone as my mind tends to wander and I can never remember how many lengths I've done. I dont use it in club sessions as I can count what I've done there from the sets. I've been using a simple Sportcount chrono 100. It's one where you press the button when you complete a length. I dont mind this, it's become automatic to me. It sits on my finger so is easy to read too.

I'm wondering what ye all use here. Is it garmins all the way or would you recommend something else? I cant afford the expense of a garmin 910xt and I already have a forerunner 405 that does me just fine for the bike and run.

Would I be better off getting the same lap counter again or is there something else better out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Solobally8 wrote: »
    I've lost my lap counter :( I use it when I swim alone as my mind tends to wander and I can never remember how many lengths I've done. I dont use it in club sessions as I can count what I've done there from the sets. I've been using a simple Sportcount chrono 100. It's one where you press the button when you complete a length. I dont mind this, it's become automatic to me. It sits on my finger so is easy to read too.

I'm wondering what ye all use here. Is it garmins all the way or would you recommend something else? I cant afford the expense of a garmin 910xt and I already have a forerunner 405 that does me just fine for the bike and run.

Would I be better off getting the same lap counter again or is there something else better out there?

Use sets in your own sessions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

tunney wrote: »
    Use sets in your own sessions?

I do but cant stay focused and can lose count very easily. I tend to focus on technique and endurance when on my own more so than sets and so my mind drifts. Maybe I've gotten lazy when on my own and dependant on the lap counter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Solobally8 wrote: »
    I do but cant stay focused and can lose count very easily. I tend to focus on technique and endurance when on my own more so than sets and so my mind drifts. Maybe I've gotten lazy when on my own and dependant on the lap counter.

I lose count doing sets of n*10, easily done if you're focusing on your technique. Glancing at the pool clock helps pinpoint the number of lengths done, but I've found a Garmin Swim very useful for training- you can forget about counting and concentrate on technique. About €150 or so (and a bit more streamlined than a 910xt).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Looks good, thanks Kurt. Now I have to work on Mr.Bally8...I've a birthday and anniversary coming up!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭JohnBee

I agree, get a Garmin swim, just ignore what Tunney has to say when he hears about this lol!

Got one recently and I do like it, it works well and it also records your sessions for review.

• Advertisement
Advertisement