Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toronto Accommodation - summer '13

Options
  • 04-04-2013 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

hey

moving to toronto for the summer at the start of may until the end of august and wondering if anybody can point me in the right direction for accommodation. have initially been looking at university campuses that rent out for the summer but unsure if this is most appropriate.

where is the best place to settle for a few 23 year olds? any info is much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

have ye all got work visas or is it just a holler yer going for?:D bring plenty of money if its the latter i hear Toronto is expensive:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

dean.kiely wrote: »
    moving to toronto for the summer at the start of may until the end of august

Jesus I hope to god you're going on a holiday and you haven't wasted a 2 year IEC that could've gone to someone who'd ACTUALLY have stayed in the country for the maximum amount of time...:mad:

why would it matter ops allowed use the visa for how ever long he wants?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dean.kiely

COYVB wrote: »
    Jesus I hope to god you're going on a holiday and you haven't wasted a 2 year IEC that could've gone to someone who'd ACTUALLY have stayed in the country for the maximum amount of time...:mad:

dean kiely does what he wants.

Ledgend lol all the best buddy:D

• Advertisement

Calgary22 wrote: »
    why would it matter ops allowed use the visa for how ever long he wants?:D

Of course he can, but

a) he's throwing away any future opportunity to go back to canada for the sake of a 3 month holiday

b) he's preventing one of the many thousands who couldn't get an IEC this year from being able to go and spend two years in the country

It's absolutely ridiculous (if he does have an IEC) that someone would be so shortsighted and selfish really. That's all.

dean kiely does what he wants.

And dean kiely will feel like a right pleb in a couple of years when he's all grown up and wants to actually go to Canada for more than a holiday and realises he'll never be able to get another IEC permit again

COYVB wrote: »
    Of course he can, but

a) he's throwing away any future opportunity to go back to canada for the sake of a 3 month holiday

b) he's preventing one of the many thousands who couldn't get an IEC this year from being able to go and spend two years in the country

It's absolutely ridiculous (if he does have an IEC) that someone would be so shortsighted and selfish really. That's all.

I agree with your first point (a) but not (b) or the last comment. its first come first serve people should have been quicker off the mark it had been predicated for weeks when it was going to open and that they would be gone in a matter of days at which people laughed at and said they were still some till may last year. suppose look who has the last laugh now:pac::pac:

I agree with your first point (a) but not (b) or the last comment. its first come first serve people should have been quicker off the mark it had been predicated for weeks when it was going to open and that they would be gone in a matter of days at which people laughed at and said they were still some till may last year. suppose look who has the last laugh now:pac::pac:

I wouldn't class the lad wasting a potential 2 years in canada for the sake of a 3 month holiday (given he wouldn't have need an IEC visa to come over for 3 months to begin with) as having any kind of laugh at all to be honest

He'll rightly regret his stupidity in the future, and good enough for him tbh. Chance of a lifetime and he's throwing it away

not really he can always get an lmo in the future and go PR that route:) and so can the thousands of others who missed out on the iec:)

• Advertisement

not really he can always get an lmo in the future and go PR that route:) and so can the thousands of others who missed out on the iec:)

Yeah... because that's a nice easy option alright :p

Either that or marry a local Calgary girl that's my route :p

Either that or marry a local Calgary girl that's my route :p

There are other routes too - I've been here since 2009 :)

fair play:) i have the visa 2 year iec and i am a sparky so hopefully i will find some route to allow me to stay on:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dean.kiely

go away, COYVB.

has anybody got any suggestions for suitable areas to reside in toronto please?

go away, COYVB.

has anybody got any suggestions for suitable areas to reside in toronto please?

A hotel since you're going for a short holiday.

Mate check out past threads for Toronto and see what areas were recommended and ye could rent out a gaff there and get a job doing labour work and will be a right owl laugh:)

Advertisement