Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

17 Month Old Constant Vomiting

Options
  • 04-04-2013 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, my 17 month old son has been vomiting since tuesday afternoon after we got back from crumlin hospital with him
    im giving him dyoralite to keep his salts and fluids up but can anyone recommend what light foods he could have?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 jackbrad

Dried toast, avoid dairy, but I'm a great believer in anything they fancy when they are poorly just to get something in them!!.....however I would be back to the dr / hospital with him. Hope he gets better soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

we are back in tomorrow noon, ill be mentioning it to them. thanks for the tip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 jackbrad

Perhaps phone NHS direct if you are really worried? good luck for tomorrow

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

jackbrad wrote: »
    Perhaps phone NHS direct if you are really worried? good luck for tomorrow

Why the NHS for an irish child?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I think they recommend the BRAT diet when there's vomiting involved. Banana, Rice, Apple, Toast. If they can manage to hold these down they should be fine. As mentioned, avoid dairy for time being, if you can, if they can hold it down and it's the only thing they'll take let them at it though.

Ice pops and jelly are great for getting them hydrated again.

• Advertisement

January wrote: »
    I think they recommend the BRAT diet when there's vomiting involved. Banana, Rice, Apple, Toast. If they can manage to hold these down they should be fine. As mentioned, avoid dairy for time being, if you can, if they can hold it down and it's the only thing they'll take let them at it though.

Ice pops and jelly are great for getting them hydrated again.

Thanks, ill give that a shot. he managed to keep down some dry toast and water so fingers crossed he will be ok
    thanks for the tips folks

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭littlemissfixit

My daughter was vomiting all day yesterday and I gave her rice cakes, mainly to get her to want to drink her water. Now not much of it stayed down, sorry tmi, but at least it got her a bit rehydrated. I also second the whatever they fancy, even if it comes back up, its actually lot less painful vomiting when you have something in stomach. But the poor thing kept asking for milk and didn't understand why I wouldn't give it to her. I gave in in the end, watered it right down.

Hope he's better soon!

he has gastroenteritis and ive caught it too. i was in and out of the toilet in crumlin today vomiting. hes on the mend thats all that matters

thanks for all the help folks

Advertisement