Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

street fighter 4 hard to get an online game?

Options
  • 04-04-2013 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

I tried playing the older edition of street fighter 4 the other night, not the arcade edition, but was told I didnt have authorisation or something.

Think it was to do with my internet signal or something having read up a bit online about the problem. People set it that if your signal isnt at "x" you wont get a game.

Anyway is this same with the Arcade Edition? I dont mind upgrading to it if its going to be playable online. Cheap update at the moment online.

I wouldnt mind but we have a pretty damn good internet connection so I'm a bit surprised I cant get a game online as it is.

I dont really care about the new characters so the only reason I'd upgrade is to get a game online.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Get the latest Edition of Street Fighter 4 which is called Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition 2012. Should be fine getting games especially on Xbox Live, PSN can be a bit scarce but you still get games there

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Arcade Edition is whats played now, and is still quite popular. The orginal SF and Super editions would be dead online. Very few would be still playing them.

The only other issue you might be having with failing to connect to other playersm is that the ports neeeded for Xbox Live/Games for Windows Live are blocked on your router, opening the ports would fix alot of these connection issues.

Xbox version is the best version to get in my opinion. It has the largest playerbase and a higher overall standard of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

If you're playing on Xbox, you may find that your NAT type is set to 'strict', which may prevent you being able to connect to certain players. As Azza said, you can get around this by forwarding ports in your router; you can read up on this here; http://portforward.com/

Advertisement